User

Default 86 days before license expires. Am I screwed?

So as per the title.

My license expires on the 11th of May 2020. This is my sole license for SD.

My maths is bloody terrible, and I thought Friday (a day I am able to take off work) would be within the 90 days, instead, it would be 4 days late.

How would this hamper my license renewal? My competency was granted in 2014 (paper).

Would I need to reapply for competency as well, and are there any other hurdles I need to go through?

I clean forgot about the date on my license, thinking I had until next month.

Banned

Default Re: 86 days before license expires. Am I screwed?

Take a chance, but then it must be done tomorrow.

User

My wife had 30 days left before expiry, dfo took it, no problem. I guess it all depends on your dfo. Licence was approved about a month after expiry. That included her Comp renewal as well which also needed to be done.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by DirkB View Post
    My wife had 30 days left before expiry, dfo took it, no problem. I guess it all depends on your dfo. Licence was approved about a month after expiry.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
    Was that both competency as well as license, or just her license?

Going through the schlep of competency with motivations and the like is not something I look forward to with hardly any time off work. But if it needs to be done, I will obviously do it.

Banned

Renewing of competency is just a form and payment.

User

My DFO tells me that he can and will process a license renewal until 5 minutes before midnight the day it expires. At midnight, the sabotaged system blocks capture and you are screwed.

While competency can be renewed at any time after expiry, be sure your competency renewal application is 100% correct when submitting it. If it should get refused for some silly reason like a missing or expired certificate, old unit standard number or whatever, your renewal may be refused. Then you are stuck. The competency must be renewed before the license renewal can be processed.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

You might still be fine. Just get there ASAP and hand in you renewal etc. and see what happens. Most probably the system has not blocked your profile yet and your DFO should be able to process the application. Whatever you do, just don't do nothing.

About two years ago I handed in renewals on 84 days. Was out of the country for 3 weeks. Before I left the DFO said, "No, too early, cannot take it in. Bring it when you are back, it will still be open to process." (We had a serious discourse at the time when he did not want to take it in on 115 days and I am not in RSA closer to day 90. In the meantime at most DFO's they do take them earlier.)

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    My DFO tells me that he can and will process a license renewal until 5 minutes before midnight the day it expires. At midnight, the sabotaged system blocks capture and you are screwed.

While competency can be renewed at any time after expiry, be sure your competency renewal application is 100% correct when submitting it. If it should get refused for some silly reason like a missing or expired certificate, old unit standard number or whatever, your renewal may be refused. Then you are stuck. The competency must be renewed before the license renewal can be processed.
    I've heard of people who's renewals are refused on the spot because their Dedicated certificates expire within the next 90 days, and will expire before the licence, so they refuse to renew the licence. If they want to find a reason to refuse, they will. There will always be a reason, no matter how idiotic, stupid or made-up it might be.