User

Default IWB Hybrid Holster - Advice on a product

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase the Sniper Gear IWB Hybrid Holster and was hoping I could get some advice on the product.

Is it any good?
    How is the quality?
    Comfort rating?

I currently have the Bravo Concealment Torsion 3.0 which is really good and conceals very well but I am just looking at other options and came across this hybrid.

What I'm looking to buy: https://guns-tactics.co.za/shop/iwb-hybrid-compact/

What I currently have: https://www.bravoconcealment.com/pro...-0-gun-holster

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks

User

Default Re: IWB Hybrid Holster - Advice on a product

A lot of those things tend to break from what I've seen,

If you want a Hybrid get a Comtac Mtac,

Banned

I'd advise you to not waste your time, there are many other local brands on the market with way better support.
    The best local hybrid holster is made by Geoff Carter of CKCS.
    Kydex shell with a nice thick leather backing which is suede lined for comfort

User

Thanks guys, appreciate the replies.

That Geoff Carter hybrid looks awesome...just eliminated the sniper gear

User

As a side note - I am surprised at all the negative comments regarding Sniper holsters. I owned 2 (still have one for my 45 - the compact - which I have been carrying for the last 7 years) and found them to be excellent. They are well made, and come with no bullshit warranties (you have problems they sort it out - no quibbles immediately) - all from a local CT supplier. The other one I had was the combat version for my CZ 85 that I sold with the gun.

My 2c - Sniper gear is by no means inferior to any other brand name out there. Sure some of their stock might not have all the bells and whistles that say CompTac has, but it is still decent gear at a decent price with great comfort and functionality to boot. To the OP - if you are in the CT area, go to their shop and try their gear.

Buy what you feel comfortable with - I for one have absolutely no problem with their QC or their merchandise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by da_panman View Post
    As a side note - I am surprised at all the negative comments regarding Sniper holsters. I owned 2 (still have one for my 45 - the compact - which I have been carrying for the last 7 years) and found them to be excellent. They are well made, and come with no bullshit warranties (you have problems they sort it out - no quibbles immediately) - all from a local CT supplier.

You are probably 1 in a million.
    I thought the same way as you when I had some problems with their holsters. Firstly I ordered and paid for 2 holsters, a DBL mag carrier and a truglo RDS and truglo rimfire scope.
    I paid around 4.5k fir everything with my card.
    So I'm told that I can take the rimfire scope and the RDS but the holsters etc will have to be made up. Not a problem I say, it's understandable.
    I closely inspect the rimfire scope and notice that there's a flaw with the reticle. I show it to the saleslady and she agrees. I'm told that there isn't more stock right now but they'll send a replacement when they send the holsters, to which I agreed.
    A month or two after Huntex I receive the 1 holster and mag carrier and am told that they unfortunately don't have a mould for my Ruger and they can't borrow a sample gun from their local gun shop. I don't receive my rimfire scope.
    So all I have is 1 holster, a DBL mag carrier and a RDS.
    On arrival, I eagerly test the cz own holster and guess what, on holstering the gun, the holster deactivates the safety, now this is a 75 pre B, so it's a problem. I want to carry it cocked and locked.
    Call in and they say their apologies and send a courier to collect it on 2 separate occasions to adjust it. After breaking my head with them over the phone to sort it out, I took the holsters to huntex the ffg year, where the owner personally served me and said that the repair was not acceptable and that he would ensure I receive a replacement. He took my holsters and wrote down my details in his order book, I asked whether I'd require a slip and he said that there was no need.
    Fast forward 2 months after Huntex, I call the office, enquiring about my holsters(thought I'd give them some breathing space after Huntex)
    Guess what?
    Sorry sir, we don't know what you're talking about.
    So long story short I'm now out of pocket around 4k.
    There are many other kydex manufacturers with much better after sales service.

User

Thanks da_panman and BBT for the feedback. I appreciate it.....Still I think I may just skip on the sniper gear. the reviews have unfortunately been more Con than Pro which leaves me with the decision of....do I want to take the risk or not and I'm leaning more towards NOT...

Thanks All

User

Eish BBT - sorry to hear about the drama you had with them. Service on that level is unacceptable in any industry, let alone a small, tightly knit one like the firearm industry. I must also add that the last time I used them was a few years ago.

Then as well if someone had 4k of my hard earned money that they did not deliver on I would be all over them like a cheap suit on a hot humid day.