Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default SAIGA/ KALASHNIKOV SPARES.

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum,so all guidence is fully appreciated, I'm a big gun nut, I have recently got a saiga m3 exp brand new out the box, there are some mods I would like to do, where can I order/ buy either aftermarket or original spares for her, e.g. Gas block, Gas piston, furniture, grip, and a trigger would be so great.

Quote Originally Posted by plinkster View Post
    Hello everyone I'm new to this forum,so all guidence is fully appreciated
    All guidance? Well for one, stop the posting of useless posts in age-old threads.

Bumping up your post count is pretty obvious.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

My Applogies, will keep it current.

Default Re: SAIGA/ KALASHNIKOV SPARES.

Magpul is quite good, just can’t easily upgrade the stock on a Saiga

User

Angus why do you say saiga stock is not easily upgraded? Is that because of hand-gaurd retainer?

No, the Saiga normally comes with a foldable stock, not the traditional fixed stock. I found most stock upgrades are based on the fixed stock. Like the type 56

User

Quote Originally Posted by plinkster View Post
    Hello everyone I'm new to this forum,so all guidence is fully appreciated, I'm a big gun nut, I have recently got a saiga m3 exp brand new out the box, there are some mods I would like to do, where can I order/ buy either aftermarket or original spares for her, e.g. Gas block, Gas piston, furniture, grip, and a trigger would be so great.
    Why would you need these things on a new gun? Do they wear out quickly?

If you want to "upgrade" an AKM you can buy a better aftermarket (Geissele) trigger and maybe a Magpull Pistol Grip and Handguards. Add a torch (WML) and a safety lever with an extended tab (Like the ones from Krebbs)

If you want to upgrade to a rifle with an optic or RDS buy an AR.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    All guidance? Well for one, stop the posting of useless posts in age-old threads.

Bumping up your post count is pretty obvious.
    He is not the only one...

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    If you want to upgrade to a rifle with an optic or RDS buy an AR.
    Saw this now. I have to disagree. With solid workable solutions to mount RDS to AKs, why not? I have had the chance to shoot a Type 56 with Micro T1 ,it worked really well, if I had to set up one it would be with RDS . Ultimaks have proven themselves. Side rails RS Regulates have proven themselves. Why wouldn't a person run an aimpoint etc. on an AK...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Saw this now. I have to disagree. With solid workable solutions to mount RDS to AKs, why not? I have had the chance to shoot a Type 56 with Micro T1 ,it worked really well, if I had to set up one it would be with RDS . Ultimaks have proven themselves. Side rails RS Regulates have proven themselves. Why wouldn't a person run an aimpoint etc. on an AK...
    Some of the new Saiga's/Kalasha's are coming out with railed dustcovers, but it seems limited to 9x19 chambered PCC's. Samson also makes a rail that fits on your rear sight aperture, which seems to work ok. First prize for me is the TWS Dogleg II rail or the Zenit version, which is much easier to source.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast