Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Question about carry

Good Day

I would like to start carrying my firearm with me.
    I have a holster, but my gun is a CZ85 and rather bulky.

When I carry it with a shirt, you can clearly see the bulge and I'm sure any passerby would know it is a gun.
    Is it acceptable to carry like this, or does the gun have to be completely concealed according to the law?

Thanks

Default Re: Question about carry

Legally, it needs to be covered. Which is not the same as concealed.

So, you may.

You still shouldn’t, though, for reasons that aren’t related to the law.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Hey man,

I have a CZ85. I can conceal it well. Get a good holster and a good belt - it literally makes all the difference you can imagine, and more. You could also consider carrying appendix (Google it). It's BY FAR the easiest place to conceal a the gun for me. Just a loose-ish shirt over it and the natural hang of the shirt totally makes it disappear.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Hey man,

I have a CZ85. I can conceal it well. Get a good holster and a good belt - it literally makes all the difference you can imagine, and more. You could also consider carrying appendix (Google it). It's BY FAR the easiest place to conceal a the gun for me. Just a loose-ish shirt over it and the natural hang of the shirt totally makes it disappear.
    This... I can make my CZ75 virtally disappear carrying appendix.... even better then my P07.... it's all comes down to the holster and belt.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

User

A proper inside waistband holster can conceal reasonably well all round except for 3 or 9 o'clock carry. Provided that you have a proper belt and loose shirt.

User

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...t-thread/page2

Get the belt I got, it works really great!! Just check if it will carry your firearm weight on their website first though

A properly seated firearm on your strong side or appendix does help a lot for concealment, and YES, CONCEALMENT is very important...

User

As the guys have said, get a better belt.
    A wide, sturdy belt keeps the gun against your body, a normal dress belt no mater how tight won't achieve this.

Not sure of your age, but with current fashion trends, you may need to wear baggier clothes as well.

Thanks everyone for the quick informative responses

I must say that I’ve been very surprised how much people don’t really notice concealed carry, only been asked once in 5 years of ccw, on that day I was wearing a tighter shirt than normal. My advice is to keep it covered so you are within the law. Keep it concealed to get the drop on a threat.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AngusK View Post
    I must say that I’ve been very surprised how much people don’t really notice concealed carry, only been asked once in 5 years of ccw, on that day I was wearing a tighter shirt than normal. My advice is to keep it covered so you are within the law. Keep it concealed to get the drop on a threat.
    Criminals KNOW what to look for, and they obviously wont ask you "hey is that a gun? because we are about to roll this place" no criminals dont ask questions, they just notice what they are trained to notice (concealed firearms) and then know how hard to hit you.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast