Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Printing of license cards

Very interesting, I’ll try this with a future renewal. But would dealers hand over the firearm on a printout?

User

My app was Approved 23 Jan
    Card Printed 12 February (according to CFR)

Now just the wait for Honeydew to get it i guess.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AngusK View Post
    Very interesting, I’ll try this with a future renewal. But would dealers hand over the firearm on a printout?
    The Gunshop I bought my Firearm at said, no not to create any complications it's best to collect once I've received my license card.

the inconsistency kills me! one person waits months just for printers, another just days. waiting for two cards. brother in law has been waiting more than two months

This I think is with most dealers

User

So true.
    Then just when you think you get it, some guy on Facebook, posts pics of his sms's, SLR approved in 45 normal days and card collected a week later.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunhanekom View Post
    the inconsistency kills me! one person waits months just for printers, another just days. waiting for two cards. brother in law has been waiting more than two months

User

Quote Originally Posted by PduPreez View Post
    Mine is tomorrow 5 weeks that I wait for the card. Last week the DFO said they did not have any new cards received yet. Phoned today printing department, my card was printed 10 days ago and already send to a place in JHB where the DFO have to collect it. Will found out by the DFO tomorrow again, hopefully it's there.
    The day after I wrote this, phoned the DFO and my card was there. Ten minutes after the phone call I fetch the card and within an hour the firearm was in my hands. Strange, we wait months for the approval, but when we get the card, don't want to wait for the following day to fetch the firearm.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PduPreez View Post
    The day after I wrote this, phoned the DFO and my card was there. Ten minutes after the phone call I fetch the card and within an hour the firearm was in my hands. Strange, we wait months for the approval, but when we get the card, don't want to wait for the following day to fetch the firearm.
    I can relate 110%!!! Not even another hour!!

My license got approved 17 Jan 2020, I've been to my DFO every two weeks since then and still no Card, this is my 2nd week since last visit so I'll be trying again. Hopefully I'm lucky this time around. Its the Florida DFO, so the card problem might be area specific. DFO is at least Friendly and helpful.

User

I have a license approved on the 29th of Jan. License was printed on the 25th of Feb according to Western Cape provincial office. Now I will have to wait and see when it arrives at my local DFO.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast