Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Datsun - Like how bad could they be?

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Remember when Honda was Jap crap, and Hyundai was cheap rubbish :)
    Remember how Hyundai changed.

You sure Honda changed though. Know they make best bikes but cars. Think still the same.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Remember how Hyundai changed.

You sure Honda changed though. Know they make best bikes but cars. Think still the same.
    Just parts are $$$$$$

Nissan is a joke with parts, they will see a law suit soon for mark ups, I mean a brake booster for R28K we had shipped to our door for R2500 from England (NISSAN OEM PART)

User

I also want to replace my partners polo next year.
    Don't you feel like the Suzuki is a touch overpriced?
    Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    My wife currently driving a Polo that now 4 years old. Great cars. But I started browsing around at new car. And so far Suzuki also is ticking alot of boxes.

I see several Haval H1 and H2 in traffic. Apparently the higher end Chinese make. But not sure.

User

HAVAL is coming on big time! Alot of people love the H1 and 2

Personally I would rather get a used Hyundai

But Chinese cars will be market leaders in 10 years

Remember when Honda was Jap crap, and Hyundai was cheap rubbish :)
    How many of these cheaper Chinese or Indian brands have lasted in SA? I can't think of any really, not for the long haul. Makes one worried to jump in.

That said those Haval H1 and H2's do offer bang for buck.

The wife and I went beginning of last year to look at the new Jimny (I was pretty set on one). Had a look around and ended up walking out with a demo model Suzuki SX4. It was the same price as a new base model Vitara, but was the top of the range All-Grip model with all the bells and whistles.

Great deal imo, the wife and I are thinking of either picking up a new Swift this year, or an older model Jimny depending on what my wife decides she wants to drive.

My only gripe is when I asked about services i was told they would be around 2k, but they have been closer to 4k.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    How many of these cheaper Chinese or Indian brands have lasted in SA? I can't think of any really, not for the long haul. Makes one worried to jump in.

That said those Haval H1 and H2's do offer bang for buck.

The wife and I went beginning of last year to look at the new Jimny (I was pretty set on one). Had a look around and ended up walking out with a demo model Suzuki SX4. It was the same price as a new base model Vitara, but was the top of the range All-Grip model with all the bells and whistles.

Great deal imo, the wife and I are thinking of either picking up a new Swift this year, or an older model Jimny depending on what my wife decides she wants to drive.

My only gripe is when I asked about services i was told they would be around 2k, but they have been closer to 4k.

But the same was said about Honda, Hyundai, Kia etc China will get its shit together soon

Suzuki is top notch!

User

Hyundai is a good option.

My wife had an i20 a few years ago and she is driving the Accent Sedan at the moment and she is super happy.

They are very good cars and if you purchase new it comes with a 7 year or 200 000 km factory warranty.

The i10 Grand is a very nice little car and in the same price range as a new Datsun Go.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
    Hyundai is a good option.

My wife had an i20 a few years ago and she is driving the Accent Sedan at the moment and she is super happy.

They are very good cars and if you purchase new it comes with a 7 year or 200 000 km factory warranty.

The i10 Grand is a very nice little car and in the same price range as a new Datsun Go.

Alway remember the hook on that warranty is that you are tied into servicing with them for 7 years

User

Alway remember the hook on that warranty is that you are tied into servicing with them for 7 years
    Not a bad thing. Last I shopped around to service my Tucson, Hyundai was the cheapest. Plus the peace of mind that no pirate parts are used. Also great for resale value is the full service history.

User

Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    Not a bad thing. Last I shopped around to service my Tucson, Hyundai was the cheapest. Plus the peace of mind that no pirate parts are used. Also great for resale value is the full service history.
    Depends on your brand
    Local content laws and the such mean that "pirate parts" are actually the same as your branded part example being GUD filters on locally manufactured vehicles
    That being said your service price can change at any time and having been in the industry I will def trust my private mechanic over the meat mill that is the turnover off staff at dealerships.

An exception would be VW and Audi with master mechanics etc

Hyundai also seems to have gotten it right though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3