Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Feeder Ramp Chip

Anyone that can help and advise. Much appreciated.

Ive owned a CZ P07 G2 since new. Ive probably put about 2000 rounds through it since

Ive been lazy to clean the firearm but since i was going to the range (Saturday passed) i decided to clean it the day before range day. (No damage noticed)

Tonight i was cleaning it and noticed a chip on my feeder ramp. I am concerned ofcourse and would appreciate some feedback.......

Do i need to replace, can it be fixed, should i be concerned?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Feeder Ramp Chip

That is usually evidence of a barrel that fell onto a hard surface at some stage. (Its OK, it happens to some of us)

The little corner doesn't really do anything so if it works just shoot it and live a happy life. I have a similar ding on a Glock barrel from hammering out a squib load bullet with too much enthusiasm while not using the right tools. It still works fine. If it bothers you just clean it up with VERY light sanding.

But then again, maybe it came from the factory like that? But if it works, who cares?

User

Are you sure it didn't come from the factory like that? Color looks the same as the surrounding metal, looks like the barrel coating was applied over that corner. I would not worry about it.

User

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm sure I've never dropped the barrel or the firearm for that matter. For that reason i am concerned given the number of rounds through it and how much more stress it could handle if 2000 cartridges does this.

It does seem like the damage is more towards the back of the ramp rather then the front so maybe its not all bad but i don't know.

I also can't say when exactly within the last 200 rounds it chipped to determine whether it still loads properly so i guess I'd have to go back to the range to find out. Not a bad idea.... i know :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    Are you sure it didn't come from the factory like that? Color looks the same as the surrounding metal, looks like the barrel coating was applied over that corner. I would not worry about it.
    Hi Tobie.

I would like to think I'm sure.....
    Ill have another look tonight as your comment re the coating is interesting. However, that means i need to be sure the color of it pre-coating.

I tried finding cracked P07 barrels online but not much to find at all........suppose that's a good thing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ANS10 View Post
    Hi Tobie.

I would like to think I'm sure.....
    Ill have another look tonight as your comment re the coating is interesting. However, that means i need to be sure the color of it pre-coating.

I tried finding cracked P07 barrels online but not much to find at all........suppose that's a good thing.

After using a few more brain cells i realise the ramp itself is polished and possibly the color of a pre-coated barrel?

User

There does seem to be contact on that angled corner (milled) with the firearm
    mine is worn, but over 7000 shots down range

Can you feel the roll with your nail? or is it smooth

User

Quote Originally Posted by ANS10 View Post
    After using a few more brain cells i realise the ramp itself is polished and possibly the color of a pre-coated barrel?

Jip, the ramp is polished bare metal, while that corner looks to be coated. IMHO it came out of the factory that way.

Also, the ramp itself is not really a highly stressed component, it wont break due to that corner.

User

Upon closer inspection it indeed seems like it came like that from the factory. Its coated except for a small ridge that seem like its being worn (polished)

I appreciate everyone's input re this.....

User

Perhaps a drunk Czech machine operator that made a whoopsie?

I'm glad that your mind is at ease. So you would not have discovered it had you not cleaned the gun.

And there are those on this forum that believe cleaning a pistol is a waste of time...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast