Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: Extra S15 renewal requirements

Quote Originally Posted by XPlicitly View Post
    Yet people then conveniently want to use their dedicated status obtained for bisley shooting to purchase 1000's of rounds of ammunition for their S15 shotgun as suddenly dedicated status is imparted to the person?

How can I be a dedicated hunter with one rifle but only an occational hunter with the other?

I am confused....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Im with you on this. Once you obtain Dedicated status. Why apply under anything but S16 for any future applications. Since obtaining mine more then a decade ago. Well close to 2. I have applied for only S16. And seen the other S13 and S15 as obsolete after becoming Dedicated.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Im with you on this. Once you obtain Dedicated status. Why apply under anything but S16 for any future applications. Since obtaining mine more then a decade ago. Well close to 2. I have applied for only S16. And seen the other S13 and S15 as obsolete after becoming Dedicated.
    Because if I go and buy a rifle for hunting, that is not usable in any of my sports, and I am only an Occasional hunter, why would I not license it under S15? I would not be needing an endorsement for it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Because if I go and buy a rifle for hunting, that is not usable in any of my sports, and I am only an Occasional hunter, why would I not license it under S15? I would not be needing an endorsement for it, etc.
    The one minor issue is they will ask you to proof your occasional use. Which is more of a mission then just going S16.

Remember also as discussed to death on forum. The person is dedicated once you achieve the status. So why apply backwards. You are a dedicated sport person not the firearm. So you are a dedicated shooter or hunter and no longer an occasional shooter. Although you might use the 1 firearm only occasionally which does not matter.

Also people with Dedicated status will want to buy more then 200 rounds for their S15. And say but we have dedicated status. So why then not just apply S16 from start as you are dedicated.

I initially became over a decade ago Dedicated through CTSASA. Which is Clay Target Shooting SA as I compete in Clay Pigeon. Yet every firearm application I did after this. For Handgun or rifle. In which I do not compete in competitions at all. I got S16 by sending in my Dedicated Clay Target certificate. So CFR therefor also see the person as dedicated person.

First App I did this way was for a handgun. I marked S13 and S16 and said I am unsure as its for Self Defence but I have dedicated status. My card that came back was S16. So CFR made the decision although I explained in app that its for Self Defence and not sport shooting.

Banned

Somebody raised this point about you losing your dedicated status. As an example say that all your 5 weapons are now S16. You now have to sell off 1 firearm and that leaves you with 4 weapons. They now however have to go to S15 as you are again an occasional hunter/sport shooter. That is what the law defines - they cannot be S16 any more.

My reasoning has been that S16 supplants S15 and your weapons dont resort under that Section 15 any more. Moving back from S16 to S15 proves that. The law is explicit that you can have a max of 4 weapons only. They cannot be classified as S16 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    Somebody raised this point about you losing your dedicated status. As an example say that all your 5 weapons are now S16. You now have to sell off 1 firearm and that leaves you with 4 weapons. They now however have to go to S15 as you are again an occasional hunter/sport shooter. That is what the law defines - they cannot be S16 any more.

My reasoning has been that S16 supplants S15 and your weapons dont resort under that Section 15 any more. Moving back from S16 to S15 proves that. The law is explicit that you can have a max of 4 weapons only. They cannot be classified as S16 anymore.
    But then how do you justify that you may by more then 200 rounds for S13 and S15 firearms. Due to fact that you as person have obtained Dedicated status. Because that will mean if the card says S15. You may not have more then 200 although your dedicated. And that it needs to say S16 on card to be seen as a dedicated firearm.

User

Looks like my little chat with Flash did the trick. Got the sms this morning - approved. Can't see on the sms what it was approved on. D15 or S16.

Let see.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6