Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default License renewals - another new requirement from Provincial

Just had three renewal applications returned from Bellville Provincial - I now need to submit all my training certificates as well. The applications were submitted together with a valid competency (4 years old and competency for all types of firearms). The DFO assistant says she's no longer surprised at anything from Bellville as they make new stuff up all the time. But, they are the ones approving renewals so she cannot do anything but to comply.

Anybody feel like we are being led like lambs to the slaughterhouse? $hit is real.

If I wasn't so busy paying f'ing taxes I would be telling them to F off and take it on appeal.

User

Default Re: License renewals - another new requirement from Provincial

That "requirement" has been in place since at least late 2017 :-/

I recall when I did mine. They wanted the Competency the police issued as well as the competency certificates the trainer issued.

I gave it. But its in a way silly. As to have received the SAPS competency you needed to have supplied them with those certificates in any case. So why now ask for it again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    That "requirement" has been in place since at least late 2017 :-/
    Last time I renewed was in 2018 and there was no requirement back then unless you were renewing your competency as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I recall when I did mine. They wanted the Competency the police issued as well as the competency certificates the trainer issued.

I gave it. But its in a way silly. As to have received the SAPS competency you needed to have supplied them with those certificates in any case. So why now ask for it again.
    F’ing law abiding people around is my only guess.

This has been the norm for the last couple of years. Also had to submit mine.

User

Maybe this is why they're asking for certs.....

On the FB page "Ask the Chief JMPD", this story appeared , with a couple of pics.

"Great work done by our #JMPD IIOC Task Team officers who arrested 5x suspects in Hillbrow for fraudulently making documents which include:
    RSA ID = R2000
    Passport (zim) = R1500
    Asylums = R1000
    Driving licence =R3500
    Matric certificate =R1000
    Firearm competency =R20"

User

I renewed August 2019 and these were not requested.
    My DFO printed a copy of my comp and I handed that and the saps form in

User

I wonder if this is WC-Provice specific? When I renewed my s13 in 2017 they insisted on a reapplication of my handgun competency, even though I have 3 other handguns that were licensed later under S15 and S16...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I wonder if this is WC-Provice specific? When I renewed my s13 in 2017 they insisted on a reapplication of my handgun competency, even though I have 3 other handguns that were licensed later under S15 and S16...
    Nope +-4years, I sold an S13 gun and replaced it. South Gauteng DFO made me renew my competency while I have 1x9mm on Section 15 and several other handguns.
    She then said that my competency is linked to my S13 firearm and I must renew it when I renew my S13 license. I asked so if I sell my S13 gun and not replace it am I no longer competent he reply was she does not make the rules.

The powers that be are getting stricter on fraudulent docs. In new vehicle sales its now where if a foreigner wants to register vehicle. They need Traffic Register. And where usually a copy of passport was fine. Traffic Department now request the original must be present. Not even a Certified copy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast