Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: My Transition from strong side IWB to AIWB!!

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    First thing to do is wear a vest under your shirt. It's an immediate relief. You will see how much after the second wear and you see all the fluff being made from friction.

In my opinion (and shapes are different and my carb intake results are stronger than yours :)) your wedge should taper to a thicker bottom rather than top.

Also think of the contour inside the pelvis / leg joint.

Try the pistol more to the belly button as well . A revers cant can also help for comfort but this is compromising draw grip a little.
    I didnt even think of a vest, will wear one today...

Plus I have the local indoor range all to myself from 14:00-15:00 today, will be practicing drawing from AIWB (yes I know to push your pelvis out when re-holstering and to look the gun down the holster )

I have never been able to get a sub 2 second draw from full concealment with a tucked in shirt, very exited to see the time I can get today....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I didnt even think of a vest, will wear one today...

Plus I have the local indoor range all to myself from 14:00-15:00 today, will be practicing drawing from AIWB (yes I know to push your pelvis out when re-holstering and to look the gun down the holster )

I have never been able to get a sub 2 second draw from full concealment with a tucked in shirt, very exited to see the time I can get today....

Yeah, a vest is the answer for me. Good luck

User

I have three AIWB's I've tried - local (Daniels?), a G-Code, and a T-Rex.....Sidecar (I had to look up the name) The T-Rex one is far and away the most comfortable, driving, sitting etc no problems. Literally, night and day difference for me. Trying to get a G17 concealed is obviously harder, but it works. The other two don't have a spare mag carrier, which actually makes them less comfortable for me. And yeah, AIWB makes losing weight a pleasant goal (lost 15kg so far, needed to do it anyway). My favourite part of AIWB is pulling stomach hair into the holster when reholstering, or trapping a roll of skin :) Maybe that's just me, but definitely another incentive to do it slowly and carefully. Yes, vests make it better. As always, I am an amateur noddy, so results may vary

I went with the Hybrid type holster with leather on side touching body. Which to me was more pleasant then the Kydex.

But everyone is different. And also different built.

User

I found that a corner of the holster by the muzzle would dig into my pubic bone a bit. I wrapped a layer of neoprene around that part and it made the world of difference.

User

I know the soft loop is a give away, my new holster I ordered with a C Clip, that should hide away nicely

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    I didnt even think of a vest, will wear one today...Plus I have the local indoor range all to myself from 14:00-15:00 today, will be practicing drawing from AIWB (yes I know to push your pelvis out when re-holstering and to look the gun down the holster )I have never been able to get a sub 2 second draw from full concealment with a tucked in shirt, very exited to see the time I can get today....Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can also move your right side leg back before holstering. Just remember there is no such thing as speed holstering.

User

I would like to add neoprene to some of my holsters, where do you guys get it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    I would like to add neoprene to some of my holsters, where do you guys get it?
    Some fabric shops stock it, but I cut up an old laptop sleeve.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    Some fabric shops stock it, but I cut up an old laptop sleeve.
    Cool, thank you for letting me know.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast