Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: Glock 43 or P365

Answering the subject title.

Between 43 and P365 I would go for the P365 hands down.

If you want a better Sig vs Glock comparison in the 10ish +1 count one should rather stack up 43X/48 VS P365/XL.

User

All these stats sounds like a GFSA parade. You can play with all the stats you want but it’s also a statistical stat your situation may be different to the statistical stats you are considering and not correlate to the mean. Reality is each FA has limitations, so understand what they are and then decide on which one is best suited based on the statistical proportionality of your statistical situation.

Personally I carry a G43 most often given my personal circumstances and I train with it. I use a Pierce +1 so have an effective 8 rounds with a spare clip of 6+2. Your situation may be different and we all pray we never have to use it, but best is to always carry. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Only foolish arguments I see are in your post buddy
    The inability to recognise does not prove the absence of... Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    You are statistically fairly unlikely to need a gun to defend yourself. Why carry at all?
    This is dependent on your personal situation, like I stated.

The answer is because we prepare for the statistical outlier.
    Not really, I prepare for likely scenarios, like those that I or my relatives have faced before.

I invite you to show us the statistics that you base your assertion that attackers will flee after being shot at, or those supporting your assertion that you won't need more than 6 shots.

If you are using the US stats quoted earlier you have misdirected yourself.

Multiple perpetrators are only found in 36% of cases in those stats. Here, its 66%. According to the ISS.

There, if it is more than 1 attacker, it's usually 2.

Here it's more likely to be 2-3.

Also, the US stats in the article only track successful self defence.

This is true, the statistics differ to some extent, but human nature does not. Real life scenarios can be found from all over the world, including SA, on platforms like ASP, the results are incredibly similar with regards to people's response to being shot at.

"Comfort" should rank pretty low in the order of criteria used to evaluate a particular firearm for one's purposes.

If it was high up we wouldn't carry at all or would carry NAA mini revolvers.

The smaller the gun, typically the less capacity it has and the less shootable it becomes. In other words, it becomes harder to make hits and you have less tries to get them.

I am not, and I don't think that anyone here is, suggesting that everyone should carry a G17 sized pistol for self defence regardless of objective threat level that they face, lifestyle, physique etc. A balance needs to be struck by each individual for themselves. If because of their specific circumstances a person can only conceal a 43, for instance, then so be it. That person must then accept the platform's limitations and train with it to overcome them to the extent possible. In other words, you are going to have to put a great deal more work in on the range to reach and maintain a high degree of competence and marksmanship.

I do agree with this paragraph at least.

However, lying to yourself that "they" will always run away when shot at, or you will "never" need more than 6 rounds is foolish.

Now this is ironic. You use quotation marks to words I never said.
    Please go read my statement again and then quote me again where I stated that they will always run, or you will never need...
    Simple reading without bias goes a long way. Adjectives matter.
    Again, if this will be your only pistol, go for the P365.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone101 View Post
    The inability to recognise does not prove the absence of... Buddy.

Again, if this will be your only pistol, go for the P365.
    For some reason, probably because you replied in my post instead of going to the effort of separating your comments out, I can't quote all of your reply.

However, as you say, simple reading without bias goes a long way.

Nowhere did I attribute the words in quotation marks to you.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

For some reason, probably because you replied in my post instead of going to the effort of separating your comments out, I can't quote all of your reply.
    Yes, replying from my phone makes it a tedious task

Nowhere did I attribute the words in quotation marks to you.
    So, in response to my post you were quoting random adverbs that I didn't use (and I didn't use them on purpose, mind you) and stating someone (presumably the same person that you quoted) is "lying to yourself"?

Slightly odd way to not reply to a post.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7