Page 151 of 172 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1711
    User

Default Re: national lock-down

Imagine all the arrests that have been illegally made.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    They will drag it out and leave it in limbo.
    Using our money.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Imagine all the arrests that have been illegally made.
    Apart from this, a lot of irreversible damage has been done which no court can repair.

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    I am just scared of a possible roadblock on the way, with a car full of fishing gear.
    I don't see how that will or can be an issue, times are strange though. I've never been asked for a freshwater permit, even when pulled over at a roadblock on my way to the Vaalriver. Bakkie and trailer loaded to the brim.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    Has the government ever giving a care of what the court rules?
    I dunno, this is by far the best thing that could have happened to the anc in my opinion.
    I would just abide by the court order if I were them.

It goes like this, we know the virus trajectory is on the upward, so let’s say a lot of people die then that blame will directly fall on the shoulders of the DA, the anc will just say look dudes you wanted death and now you have it, all the DA’s fault for hampering the lockdown efforts.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hennie Barnard View Post
    I don't see how that will or can be an issue, times are strange though. I've never been asked for a freshwater permit, even when pulled over at a roadblock on my way to the Vaalriver. Bakkie and trailer loaded to the brim.

Was this during a lockdown that restricts travel?

Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    Was this during a lockdown that restricts travel?
    It was not no.

A freshwater license is basically impossible to get hold, a lot of venues include an additional fee basically as a permit. These are nature reserves like Vaalkop or Doorndraai.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    It goes like this, we know the virus trajectory is on the upward, so let’s say a lot of people die then that blame will directly fall on the shoulders of the DA, the anc will just say look dudes you wanted death and now you have it, all the DA’s fault for hampering the lockdown efforts.
    I am aware that the DA brought a case to challenge some of the regulations, but not the whole of the regulations. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The news report suggests two seperate foundations; Hola Bona Renaissance Foundation and Liberty Fighters Network. I can't find the DA link there. Although, LFN seems to be brand new...

Not that it would stop the ANC claiming it's the DA's fault.

User

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    https://www.news24.com/news24/southa...world-20200312

JUST IN | High Court declares Level 3 and 4 lockdown regulations invalid and unconstitutional
    So if only level 3 and 4 regulations have been declared unconstitutional and the government does nothing, do we automatically go back to level 5?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    The purpose of the lockdown was to give our health services time to prepare for a surge in Covid cases, not to remove the virus from society. That is impossible to do without a cure.

So if they do go back to level 4 or 5 they would just be going in circles like that for ever more. Sure people can stay at home but at some point the cure (indefinitely staying at home) is worse than the virus, which I'm sure you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleock View Post
    The point of our lockdown was to give the state time to ready health services, the point of lockdowns elsewhere is to reduce the infection rate at the peak.
    So with that in mind, we can expect to go back to lockdown.

What is irritating me, is that government has their models they are allegedly working off.
    They can say we expecting x amount of cases by 1st of July, if we are below that rate we will be L2, if above it we will stay L3, if way above, L4.
    Their secrecy tells me they know we need to lockdown again, but don't want to give people time to fight it before we get to that stage.
    That was the reason that was given yes, but I think the purpose of the lockdown is much more sinister.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Page 151 of 172 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast