Page 2 of 172 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Default Re: national lock-down

I work for a factory that supplies grocery items to shops and restaurants, so I can carry on working.
    Obviously the restaurant portion of the business is not going to happen.

I also have concerns of staff safety, and wish we could close, but we are a relatively new business. Closing for 21 days will kill us.
    If I stay open, can my staff get to work and home? Is the staffs transport safe?
    Will my raw material and packaging suppliers stay open?
    Will my staff come to work? Everyone has a number. How many infections in SA before staff decide it's safer to stay at home.

Banned

I unfortunately can't work from home so I'm stuffed.
    No work = no pay.
    And no one is gonna have money for flooring after the lockdown since things are going to be quiet

Banned

I unfortunately can't work from home so I'm stuffed.
    No work = no pay.
    And no one is gonna have money for flooring after the lockdown since things are going to be quiet

User

Been working from home for a few days already! Good luck to all you guys with your own businesses and stay safe everyone!

Here are a few of my concerns with regards to the Lockdown.

* Most South Africans has a problem with authority.

* How will you be able to prove that you are on your way/way back to the Supermarket/Pharmacy etc ?

* We can learn from other countries Lock downs, but it will not play out the same in SA. Our country's tendency to hide behind poverty to commit crime will be a major problem.

* There is a possibility that the 21 days can be extended (My own opinion)

* Although CR mentioned that Supermarkets and anyone involved in producing food and transport there of will continue to work, I can't see the shelves full. There are just too many factories/farms/busineses that will have no or little production due to the lockdown.

As some of you may know I work for EMS.

I have been preparing for the worst since last week Sunday. But so far nothing ! Almost like the American Soldiers the first few weeks in Iraq during 1990.

Most Confirmed cases are in the Private sector. This is due to people traveling overseas and having a Medical aid.

To all friends on Gunsite, I wish you all the best. Stay safe and follow the guidelines. We're going to remember 2020 for the rest of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Here are a few of my concerns with regards to the Lockdown.* Most South Africans has a problem with authority. * How will you be able to prove that you are on your way/way back to the Supermarket/Pharmacy etc ?* We can learn from other countries Lock downs, but it will not play out the same in SA. Our country's tendency to hide behind poverty to commit crime will be a major problem.* There is a possibility that the 21 days can be extended (My own opinion)* Although CR mentioned that Supermarkets and anyone involved in producing food and transport there of will continue to work, I can't see the shelves full. There are just too many factories/farms/busineses that will have no or little production due to the lockdown.As some of you may know I work for EMS. I have been preparing for the worst since last week Sunday. But so far nothing ! Almost like the American Soldiers the first few weeks in Iraq during 1990. Most Confirmed cases are in the Private sector. This is due to people traveling overseas and having a Medical aid. To all friends on Gunsite, I wish you all the best. Stay safe and follow the guidelines. We're going to remember 2020 for the rest of our lives.
    I also work in EMS, its nice to meet someone who is in EMS who shares the same interest. i am also keen to know how this lock down will affect the crime rate

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Here are a few of my concerns with regards to the Lockdown.

* Most South Africans has a problem with authority.

* How will you be able to prove that you are on your way/way back to the Supermarket/Pharmacy etc ?

* We can learn from other countries Lock downs, but it will not play out the same in SA. Our country's tendency to hide behind poverty to commit crime will be a major problem.

* There is a possibility that the 21 days can be extended (My own opinion)

* Although CR mentioned that Supermarkets and anyone involved in producing food and transport there of will continue to work, I can't see the shelves full. There are just too many factories/farms/busineses that will have no or little production due to the lockdown.

As some of you may know I work for EMS.

I have been preparing for the worst since last week Sunday. But so far nothing ! Almost like the American Soldiers the first few weeks in Iraq during 1990.

Most Confirmed cases are in the Private sector. This is due to people traveling overseas and having a Medical aid.

To all friends on Gunsite, I wish you all the best. Stay safe and follow the guidelines. We're going to remember 2020 for the rest of our lives.
    Thanks Killzone. Wishing you and the family the same.

Try to take it easy everybody and stay safe all.

Yup, 2020 is shaping up to be a hectic and really challenging year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Look on the positive side, we'll all be dry fire experts come the end of the lock down.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I work in alcoholic beverage production (beer). We're trying to get clarity on if we're allowed to operate. We have millions of ZARs worth of beer in fermenters that need checking at least every second day. I can't see the big boys like SAB and Brandhouse shutting down completely.

User

Damn, it would be nice to be allowed to run a few laps around the block at least. I wish I had bought the rowing machine I had my eye on a few months ago. Now that purchase would be frivolous.

Page 2 of 172 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast