Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: My GLOCK 17 RTF2

I have a Gen 3 (early 2 pin) G19 standing at roughly just under 80K rounds. I have replaced the trigger return spring twice and the slide lock spring once. The original firing pin was replaced due to flame cutting. and the recoil spring now gets replaced about every 10K rounds.

When I started shooting seriously I didn't know about recoil spring assemblies breaking / getting worn out.

On my wife's G26 the recoil spring assembly broke once and the slide lock lever spring and last year the trigger return spring. On my Gen 2 G22 the trigger return spring broke as I took off the slide to clean it after our IPSC club shoot at the beginning of March.

So aside from trigger return springs not much seems to break. Some things need replacement from time to time, but not at the rate of some other guns. On my G21 and G17 and the wife's Gen G19, nothing has ever broken. They just get new recoil springs on schedule.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I have a Gen 3 (early 2 pin) G19 standing at roughly just under 80K rounds.
    What state is the barrel in? Do you ever clean the barrel? Still acurate?

User

As accurate as the day I got it and as accurate as any 9mm Glock I know of. And I've seen Glocks that were scary accurate. My G22 is what I consider "Match accurate" but my 19 isn't far behind.

Its my EDC at the moment (till I can replace with a new Gen 3 19), so I keep it meticulously clean. I've never seen a gun fail because it was clean and lubed. The inside of the barrel looks like any other 9mm Glock barrel, just shinier.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4