Default Where to find Tikka T3x action?

Goodday all.

I am looking to build a 7mm SAUM with a tikka action. Any recommendations where to buy tikka actions and good gun builders in the western cape?

User

Default Re: Where to find Tikka T3x action?

You are unlikely to find a separate Tikka T3x action. Best bet would be to buy a used gun, or even new rifle as a "donor" action.

Bullet Central or Geoffery Barrabal(Wildman Cape Gate) would be my choice as far as gunsmiths go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

User

I would look for one with a shot-out barrel and buy it from the owner for a bargain. Take of barrel, dispose of it and use the action as you please.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Why specifically a Tikka action?
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Never seen a t3x action available as a part. The t3x is still relatively new, there will not be many used ones for sale.

For a SUAM, you may need to have the rails opened, and the bolt face opened up. These are expensive operations.

The most efficient way to go about it is to forget the t3x action, buy a new Remington action with the correct bolt from Bulletcentral, have them chamber and fit a barrel, and license that barrelled action .While that's going on, decide if you want bottom metal with mags or not, and what to do with a stock.

Otherwise you need to wait to find a donor rifle, wait for the license, then send it for the re-chambering, then wait again for the re-license.