Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mauser 7x57 Custom built Bloemfontein (Gerrie Coetzee) K98 action.

c265ade8-9142-4e9b-b0e0-ccaf7723813a.jpgWhat will be a good price for this rifle? Ball park figure will also help. Monetary value?

Default Re: Mauser 7x57 Custom built Bloemfontein (Gerrie Coetzee) K98 action.

It would help if you could post some pictures with specifications (action, trigger, barrel, grade of the wood, etc)

c265ade8-9142-4e9b-b0e0-ccaf7723813a.jpgI only have a photo. Ballpark figure will also help. Thank you for your reply.

User

Wow pretty!! That rather looks like a C93 action? Dont know about value though.

User

These rifles - especially so if in C93 guise - are rather notorious, euro crap. The straight comb is not only depreciating, but being custom means it will fit nobody but the original shooter. In addition, the 7x57 really is an obsolete chambering.

If you're interested I could simply take it off your hands. Wouldn't charge a thing.

(Seems like a beautiful rifle!)

Both the above guys are taking the piss....the C93 is a pistol....but I am sure you worked that out.

It does look like a beautiful rifle. I have seen custom built Mausers go for anything from R5 500 to R30 000 on the Classic Arms auction. Sadly without more info, your guess would be as good as ours.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Also, I do not know much about the rifles that Mr Coetzee built. Professor Lucas Potgieter had a couple of his rifles and used to write about his work in the Landbou Weekblad. That says something. What the Prof forgot about rifles, many of us have not realised that we have still got to learn.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Both the above guys are taking the piss....the C93 is a pistol....but I am sure you worked that out.

It does look like a beautiful rifle. I have seen custom built Mausers go for anything from R5 500 to R30 000 on the Classic Arms auction. Sadly without more info, your guess would be as good as ours.
    Haha my mistake, also not a Mauser expert. Thank for correcting me. So it should then be a Model 1893 or 1895 action, not C93

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast