Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Central Firearms Registry Operating During Lockdown?

Eish me too. Wish they would just send them to cfr. Hoping the 90 day counter still ticking since computer doesnt know its lockdown 🤣🤣🤣

User

I have 2 applications that were finalised at provincial (Jhb) and sent to CFR on 11 March. I was really hopeful that, since nothing new is coming in at CFR, that they would during this period clear out the backlog (and mine) sitting there, but no movement whatsoever since 11 March on online tracking system.

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    I have 2 applications that were finalised at provincial (Jhb) and sent to CFR on 11 March. I was really hopeful that, since nothing new is coming in at CFR, that they would during this period clear out the backlog (and mine) sitting there, but no movement whatsoever since 11 March on online tracking system.
    I had a hope too. Mine hasn't shown any movement since 26 Feb. But still nothing. Hope it still gets sorted ASAP.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    This is all just speculation till we get the official regulations. I did however make contact with two different Captains at the CFR both said that due to the interprovincial travel lockdowns. Applications will not get sent to CFR till those are lifted. So they are not accepting anything(Even if applications are done in the Gauteng area), in the draft regulations thats level 2. Lets hope its not, have two applications sitting with my DFO.
    So maybe now will be a good time for the whole of SAPS, CFR including to stop their ridiculous process of being document couriers with patrol vehicles and start using courier services that are in any case travelling. And implement a paper free process or scanning and e-mailing.

In our rural area of Limpopo the DFO of each station must travel to Polokwane for handing in documents and receiving licenses from provincial. So they take their documents, travel through various towns to Polokwane and return. They don't pick up those from other stations and drop of as they return or travel together or the like. Each station on its own, up and down etc. And what really frustrates me is when the DFO can not fetch cards on hand in apps at provincial because there are not vehicles available but the station commander travelled on his own to Polokwane for a scheduled meeting. Why can't the commander just pick up the cards etc or the DFO travel with him for the day? No planning or process. Really wasting time and money.

@lokx: not sure about that.

SO it seems my license application went from DFO - Provincial - CFR. And a competency of someone I know went from DFO - provincial.

It turns out things might be moving. Lets hope for the best.

User

Hoping im wrong haha, are you based in jhb? mine hasnt left the dfo since 25th March

yup. based in JHB. maybe inter provinces applications wont be sent.

User

Today I am on 157 days / 106 working days since I received my sms confirming receipt.

The first time I followed up just before 90 days, I received a rude response stating that I must be patient and that they have up to 90 working days.
    Well, here I am on 106 working days with my application sitting at CFR (done at CRC 14 days ago)

User

Im on 127 working days and only at CRC now... is yours a license or compentency? mine is compentency

User

Mine is also competency. I submitted mine in Brackenfell, Cape Town on 26 November

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast