Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What's the Best Glock Carbine Conversion?

Yes, it's a whopper as I know there are plenty kits out there, but if you have an opinion on one that you think is the best I would appreciate any comments as I have zero experience with them.

I have a Glock 19 Gen 4.

This article reckons the Command Arms Acc - Roni Conversion Stock For Glock® Gen 3 & 4 is the best, though I'm guessing others will have a differing opinions.

Default Re: What's the Best Glock Carbine Conversion?

So been watching some Youtube vids and this one stood out as he reviews old and new.

Bottom line he likes the Micro Roni Gen4. You can skip to 9:15 for Micro Roni Gen4 or watch the whole thing

So according the the official website there are three Micro Roni Gen4 versions.
    Micro Roni Gen4, Micro Roni Gen4X and Micro Roni Gen4 Stabilizer in that order in the pics below.

Will have to take a closer look at to what separates them, but from the pics it seems to mainly be the chassis at the front, and the stock on the Stabilizer.

The Glock Shop also has this version.

User

The stabilizer is due to the USA laws on owning an SBR (short barreled rifle). Therefore for US sales they have a stabilizer and not a stock. Long story you can look up on google.

So I wouldn’t go for that one in SA if I could avoid it.

If you don’t already have one, I would invest in a MSR instead but that’s down to budget, time and purpose. I went through the Roni stage a few years back and should have just straight to my AR (or long gun of choice)

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Cannot comment on it being the best as I only have and used the one conversion kit. Cannot compare. Have a Micro Roni Gen 3 for a G19 G3 in it and it is perfectly fit for purpose for my circumstances. Accuracy is good. Reliability excellent. Never had a failure of any sorts with it (did I mention a Glock inside... ). No sight adjustments needed when removing and replacing the pistol. It is solid and has enough rails for the accessories I use. I don't like a lot of "stuff" on any of my guns.

If there were one "wish list" from any conversion kit it would be the compatibility with easily and effectively using a silencer.

I do have "real" semi-auto firearms as well, but still like and use the Roni setup. Have bought a Ruger PC Carbine just before lockdown though, but that has another purpose. The Roni will still be used.

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    The stabilizer is due to the USA laws on owning an SBR (short barreled rifle). Therefore for US sales they have a stabilizer and not a stock. Long story you can look up on google. So I wouldn’t go for that one in SA if I could avoid it. If you don’t already have one, I would invest in a MSR instead but that’s down to budget, time and purpose. I went through the Roni stage a few years back and should have just straight to my AR (or long gun of choice)
    I should've done the tests for self-loading rifles when I done my other tests, but even then I just don't see myself having the time to keep dedicated status that is need to own a SLR. I really would like one though, and maybe one day it will become a reality but not right now. So I'll get halfway there with a Roni :)

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Cannot comment on it being the best as I only have and used the one conversion kit. Cannot compare. Have a Micro Roni Gen 3 for a G19 G3 in it and it is perfectly fit for purpose for my circumstances. Accuracy is good. Reliability excellent. Never had a failure of any sorts with it (did I mention a Glock inside... ). No sight adjustments needed when removing and replacing the pistol. It is solid and has enough rails for the accessories I use. I don't like a lot of "stuff" on any of my guns. If there were one "wish list" from any conversion kit it would be the compatibility with easily and effectively using a silencer. I do have "real" semi-auto firearms as well, but still like and use the Roni setup. Have bought a Ruger PC Carbine just before lockdown though, but that has another purpose. The Roni will still be used.
    Yeah I think I'm going to go with the Roni then, it has great reviews and is perfect for my Glock 19. They're a little on the expensive side and then when you throw in some iron sights, a sling (unsure about that though) and a red dot sight (also not sure about that) it kicks the price up even more. But hey you get what you pay for I guess.

I am convinced that these reduce reliability.Just what I have seen at the range. Some may be better than others. Guns that replace the entire grip module with a dedicated stock conversion ie Sig 320 from B&T make more sense.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    I am convinced that these reduce reliability.Just what I have seen at the range. Some may be better than others. Guns that replace the entire grip module with a dedicated stock conversion ie Sig 320 from B&T make more sense.
    FN can you explain a bit more on reduces reliability?
    Have you seen failures etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I don't have iron sights. A red dot and a laser as backup is what I have. My reasoning is that the pistol is my backup. Should anything go wrong with the Roni setup of sights the pistol still has sights.

Also have a single point sling (That is what works for a Roni.) It is definitely adding to the price. If you don't intent using the Roni in a way to carry it around and still have hands available, don't buy a sling.

This whole scenario of conversion kits has just one concern for me and that is when your primary SD pistol is used in your Roni with the believe that now you have a better SD system. IMO that is flawed. For night time use for home defense I might be convinced otherwise, but myself can fight of an attack way better with a pistol inside the house than with any other firearm as it will probably be a close combat situation. Therefore a sling does make sense so that you can just drop the Roni to deploy your primary sidearm.

And now another pistol + Roni gets more expensive than a Carbine.....

For plinking and sport shooting where you don't need your pistol on your side as well as always, go for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast