Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    FN can you explain a bit more on reduces reliability?
    Have you seen failures etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes I have seen guns several jamming that when the conversion was removed worked. Also possibly because access was impeded the jams took longer to clear or at least appeared to. I must mention that this goes back several years and may no longer be applicable but the issue that Glock had with the 40 and weapon lights concerns me. B&T to my mind uses a better system in the P320.

Default Re: What's the Best Glock Carbine Conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    I don't have iron sights. A red dot and a laser as backup is what I have. My reasoning is that the pistol is my backup. Should anything go wrong with the Roni setup of sights the pistol still has sights.

Also have a single point sling (That is what works for a Roni.) It is definitely adding to the price. If you don't intent using the Roni in a way to carry it around and still have hands available, don't buy a sling.

This whole scenario of conversion kits has just one concern for me and that is when your primary SD pistol is used in your Roni with the believe that now you have a better SD system. IMO that is flawed. For night time use for home defense I might be convinced otherwise, but myself can fight of an attack way better with a pistol inside the house than with any other firearm as it will probably be a close combat situation. Therefore a sling does make sense so that you can just drop the Roni to deploy your primary sidearm.

And now another pistol + Roni gets more expensive than a Carbine.....

For plinking and sport shooting where you don't need your pistol on your side as well as always, go for it.
    Yeah I'm with you on that one, for inside the home I would favour a pistol over the Roni as I would rather my life be in the hands of my Glock than a Roni, they are a conversion after all and jamming is not unheard of.

Will be used for plinking, sport and who knows if a SHTF scenario plays out where I need something semi-auto that can shoot at a longer range then it could come in handy.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Yes I have seen guns several jamming that when the conversion was removed worked. Also possibly because access was impeded the jams took longer to clear or at least appeared to. I must mention that this goes back several years and may no longer be applicable but the issue that Glock had with the 40 and weapon lights concerns me. B&T to my mind uses a better system in the P320.
    Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

I've had a G17 in a Micro Roni in my backpack since the lockdown started. 1x 17+2 in the gun and one spare, WML, RDS, sling. This is only an addition to my usual EDC pistol

I don't have iron sights. A red dot and a laser as backup is what I have. My reasoning is that the pistol is my backup. Should anything go wrong with the Roni setup of sights the pistol still has sights.
    What red dot sight did you buy. There is one that CAA makes for the Roni that you can get in a package, or did you get another make?

Not sure if you saw my post, but I'll post again.

What red dot did you get? Did you take the one that CAA makes or did you buy another make?

Anyone here have experience with the red dot that comes with the Roni package, is it any good?

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I had a Bushnell Trophy (the 1 x 28) lying around that I use on the Roni. I don't particularly like the Trophy's brightness (very blurry), but then it is not a scope to be used with one eye closed.

I had a Bushnell Trophy (the 1 x 28) lying around that I use on the Roni. I don't particularly like the Trophy's brightness (very blurry), but then it is not a scope to be used with one eye closed.
    Cool thanks.

Take a look at this it just launched https://www.recovertactical.com/prod...arex-cybergun/

Price is quite good think Zahal will ship it to SA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

User

Hi,
    I had a Gen 4 Glock 19 that i used in a Roni G2.
    The Roni was great fun and easier to shoot faster at slightly further distances. I am by no means an expert shot but found myself more accurate with the Roni.

I added a bushnell red dot TLR 25 I think.

I probably shot around a thousand rounds with no failures or jams.

Its alot of fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast