Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Banned

Default Re: Sell CZ and Buy Glock ?

Regarding your muscular reaction to your weapon when firing.
    I am at the best minimally qualified to aid you, but got honours in understanding you. My problem is I had 9 mm and .45 ACP which I shot as much as I had too and that’s all, never interested me at all.
    Then I met revolvers and actually enjoyed shooting the clock work mechanism, the click click of a single action is pleasing to me and the longer barrel as well.
    Problem is I straight away loaded the 44 Mag to big hunting loads and that’s a formidable piece of chemical, mechanical, e = mc2, acoustic reaction taking place in your hands.

I developed a huge tensioning up of arms as the hammer fell.
    To date the only cure I have found is to almost play with weapon. I have found that reminding myself before shooting that my eyes are protected and then shooting both eyes open looking at target and not sights while shooting almost cowboy style. I lift the weapon look at target and shoot in one no stopping motion as fast as I can. I have found for me that this shooting without aiming seems to remove the concentration from weapon while exposing self and brain to "bang".
    This has, with many shots left me at end of day with much less or none of the expectation tensioning up of body before shot.

I may be doing it wrong, but I now do this with new shooters as well, let them go bang, bang many times loosely before starting to aim. I have found so far that there is much less flinch or chance of flinch then when starting with the line-up of sights etc. - they used to bang and kick and have no further expectations there of other than that they are non-entities that happen harmlessly in background when you shoot. Oh and good ear protection, very good also helps.

This is what helped me ?

User

Default Re: Sell CZ and Buy Glock ?

Quote Originally Posted by VolderTort View Post
    Haha safari outdoor did a poll , and it was pretty close between the brand's

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

I saw this and sent it to the biggest Glockophile I know, his response was the list of CZ rifles he owns . . . .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3