Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    And double up on earpro (plugs + muffs)
    This, and loads of dryfire practice (wall drill, and doppie on the front of the slide, etc). Should cure your flinch quickly.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Sell CZ and Buy Glock ?

My wife had the same "fear of moving parts" with any pistol. She was afraid as hell that the slide movement will just continue rearwards and hit her in the face. Even with Glocks. She carries a G43, so we have a lot of Glock experience. How sure are you that the flinch are from the hammer and not the same. An ingrained fear of the moving slide?

She is still not 100 % fine after thousands of shots. Once in a while when not having been to the range for a time the fear is back.

The only way we could get her to shoot again was with a lot of patience. (This flinching and fear just started one day after years of shooting. We watched Youtube movies of Gun fails and a firearm exploded in a persons hands. That night she had a nightmare of the same happening to her and it started. Weird, but true) Then we started from scratch with the 10/22. The bolt is moving but only the bolt handle can be seen. The a bit of revolver shooting. Improvement came. Then we shot with a Glock in a Roni. Also moving parts, but felt more protected. Slowly we progressed back to "open" pistols. On some days we went outside (staying on a farm) and just had 2 shots for the day. That was it. After 2 shots her brain refused to have her finger pull the trigger. At 5 m she flinched to hit easily 1 m too low.

Don't just get another gun. It will not solve the problem. Get eye and ear protection and patience wit yourself.

User

Quote Originally Posted by simonsmal View Post
    Hi Everyone

I have been contemplating posting for months but my pride has kept me from doing so. For years rifle shooting has been priority in my life but now I have turned my attention to handgun shooting as I realized how subpar my shooting actually is . I did some training years ago but I see I flinch a lot in anticipation of the hammer fall as I see it physically dropping obviously .. I have almost no flinch in rifle shooting. I bought the CZ for the sake of buying CZ as I grew up with the rifles .. Is it worth selling the CZ and getting a Glock (as I wont see anything with striker fire) and work the kinks out from there or stick to the CZ and shoot the flinch out of me ?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    Google: The wall dryfire drill and try it. But remember to grip the gun, full power.
    http://pistol-training.com/archives/118

User

Quote Originally Posted by simonsmal View Post
    Hi Everyone

I have been contemplating posting for months but my pride has kept me from doing so. For years rifle shooting has been priority in my life but now I have turned my attention to handgun shooting as I realized how subpar my shooting actually is . I did some training years ago but I see I flinch a lot in anticipation of the hammer fall as I see it physically dropping obviously .. I have almost no flinch in rifle shooting. I bought the CZ for the sake of buying CZ as I grew up with the rifles .. Is it worth selling the CZ and getting a Glock (as I wont see anything with striker fire) and work the kinks out from there or stick to the CZ and shoot the flinch out of me ?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    Keep the CZ and buy a Glock! Enjoy the best of both worlds; SA/DA and DAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    My wife had the same "fear of moving parts" with any pistol. She was afraid as hell that the slide movement will just continue rearwards and hit her in the face. Even with Glocks. She carries a G43, so we have a lot of Glock experience. How sure are you that the flinch are from the hammer and not the same. An ingrained fear of the moving slide?

She is still not 100 % fine after thousands of shots. Once in a while when not having been to the range for a time the fear is back.

The only way we could get her to shoot again was with a lot of patience. (This flinching and fear just started one day after years of shooting. We watched Youtube movies of Gun fails and a firearm exploded in a persons hands. That night she had a nightmare of the same happening to her and it started. Weird, but true) Then we started from scratch with the 10/22. The bolt is moving but only the bolt handle can be seen. The a bit of revolver shooting. Improvement came. Then we shot with a Glock in a Roni. Also moving parts, but felt more protected. Slowly we progressed back to "open" pistols. On some days we went outside (staying on a farm) and just had 2 shots for the day. That was it. After 2 shots her brain refused to have her finger pull the trigger. At 5 m she flinched to hit easily 1 m too low.

Don't just get another gun. It will not solve the problem. Get eye and ear protection and patience wit yourself.
    Good point on the moving parts, something ive never thought of as I compete in several shooting disciplines but always neglected the handgun part, I dont seem phased with the AR for example with the moving parts there, although not the same but still some movement, I think the only way forward is 1 on 1 training with an expert

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    You can't fix a software problem by changing hardware.

In my experience in the initial stages, beginners improve faster with a SA/DA pistol, compared to a Striker Fired gun. At some point though, the Glock guys catch up.
    Excellent point never thought of it that way

User

I own and shoot a P07. Never really noticed the hammer move. Also try heavier ammo. The factory 115gr definitely has more recoil than my hot loaded 124gr. Keep the CZ, it's a great pistol. And get the glock as an additional pistol.

User

Yes, do get the Glock.
    No, don't sell the CZ.

We all flinch. It is a natural reaction. The solution is to learn to control or overcome the flinch, which is just a matter of concentration.

So, don't go and shoot it more, because you will just practice and ingrain the bad habit. Rather find a reputable trainer, and learn to control the pistol and the flinch. Then go and practice (and ingrain) those good habits.

User

Dont sell CZ and add a Glock.
    That way regardless of the Fan boy you bump into you will always have the best self defense gun

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Dont sell CZ and add a Glock.
    That way regardless of the Fan boy you bump into you will always have the best self defense gun
    Haha safari outdoor did a poll , and it was pretty close between the brand's

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast