Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Lockdown + Dedicated Status

Hi

Something to think about, I suspect social distancing will prevent us from attending club shoots and bigger events for a good couple of months to come.

If this is the case, some might find themselves in a position where it could be impossible to maintain dedicated status. Then in turn battle to get renewals approved.

Knowing the mad hatter, he exploit this to his advantage

User

Default Re: Lockdown + Dedicated Status

Depends on the association. Natshoot allows for members to motivate why dedicated was not maintained. I don't know how other associations treat this.

With Natshoot my reloading can be used as activities to justify as well.

Associations will need to support their members and I have no doubt they will during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I'm sure clubs could implement appropriate measures at shoots to maintain social distancing, limit numbers, hire patchers etc.

We need to be proactive and creative during this time.

Banned

Illness, work overseas, lack of free time due to work and this lock down are all good reasons for not being able to achieve the prescribed activities. This will apply to all the bodies. A letter stating the facts sent to your association will keep them and you in the clear.

User

Yeah SA Hunters has had a "lack of funds" option to maintain status for a while now. I'm guessing this is exactly the same.

User

How many activities are needed in a year to maintain dedicated status?

I know:
    - NHSA is 2 or 4 activities (depending whether you dedicated hunter, sport shooter, or both)
    - SA Hunters is 2 activities
    - SA Wingshooters is 3 activities

Not sure about the rest of the bodies, but if similar to above it does not seem to be a major feat to maintain dedicated status (even with a 6 week lockdown out of the 52 weeks in the year, or 30 weeks to end of November left).

User

This is off Dave Sheers Website, where I am a member, for DSS

• You need 20 points a year to obtain your dedicated status.

• If you go to any shooting range just to practice, you will receive 2 points with minimum fired rounds of 50 that you have to shoot to qualify for these points.
      • If you go to our shooting range and shoot under the supervision of our Accredited Range Officer with minimum fired rounds of 100 you will qualify for 5 points
    Even with the lock down, 4 club shoots isn't terrible.

Banned

See amendment below

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    How many activities are needed in a year to maintain dedicated status?

I know:
    - NHSA is 2 or 4 activities (depending whether you dedicated hunter, sport shooter, or both)
    - SA Hunters is 2 activities 2 for DH and 3 shoots for DSS
    - SA Wingshooters is 3 activities

Not sure about the rest of the bodies, but if similar to above it does not seem to be a major feat to maintain dedicated status (even with a 6 week lockdown out of the 52 weeks in the year, or 30 weeks to end of November left).

User

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    Right now, government has killed the economy because of CV19 and they knew it when implementing the lockdown.
    There is a very good chance that leisure and sporting activities are going to be off the cards for a very long time.

User

Had there been any indication about people who may have got the 90 days before expiry on their license just as the lockdown started? Coming out of the lock down they will be below day 60 and I can see dfo's refusing to accept the renewal

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast