Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Default Re: How many firearms can you own if you do not have dedicated status?

It’s open 7 days a week and Saturdays (lockdown excluded) 10:00-16:30 and Sunday’s 10:00 to 12:45.

Their times are on the main page of the web site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Hi Soldier, im not an expert but from what ive read here I have made the following conclusions.

You dont need credentials (club or states etc) to license 1 FA under section 15.

Regardless of FA you want to license under 15 (occasional hunting or occasional sport shooting), you can go for either.

But if it is a glock you want extra the guys here are advising you to go occasional sport shooting route as it will be easier to motivate a handgun for sport shooting than hunting. If you legally license it under occasional sport shooting there are no credentials to maintain this license however nothing will stop you from taking it with you on the hunt.

More technicality than a legal issue imo.
    Ok thanks yeah that's what I gathered as well, just wanted to double check with regards to motivation (if I should mention the hunting at all, or if I should just solely motivate with occasional sport) as I don't want to buy the G17 and have my application rejected :)

Must say I had my mind set on the 223 but have now decided to go with the G17!

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    If it is for a semi auto handgun stick to sport. Even if you just mention hunting in passing you run the risk of them focussing on that and refusing it on the basis that you can't hunt with it.
    Ok great thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It’s open 7 days a week and Saturdays (lockdown excluded) 10:00-16:30 and Sunday’s 10:00 to 12:45.

Their times are on the main page of the web site.

Seems I need glasses in my old age as I missed it the first time, that's great that they are open 7 days a week as Milnerton is only 2 days, can fit in nicely with my schedule then, thanks for the help

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Seems I need glasses in my old age as I missed it the first time, that's great that they are open 7 days a week as Milnerton is only 2 days, can fit in nicely with my schedule then, thanks for the help
    Anytime, see you on the range once this has past.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Anytime, see you on the range once this has past.

Yip, I see they have a shop there, do they sell ammo and the like?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    Excellent thanks, so having more than 2 handguns not really the issue but more so more than 1 gun per discipline?

I unfortunately have plenty time on my hands so will surely learn the requirements as I go.

Thanks
    No issue at all
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Well it's two-fold, griffin said it would help my motivation when applying for a Glock 19 under occasional sports shooting if you belong to a club.
    I would also use the range to sight my rifle occasionally and would probably use it more often if I joined. Does anyone know what a day pass costs at Milnerton?

Question: Can my motivation contain a bit of both, in other words, include motivation for occasional sport shooting and then also include as motivation the gun to be used for hunting of pigs and the like. Don't see the harm in it, or is it best to stick to one?
    Yes it’ll probably help to join then.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Yip, I see they have a shop there, do they sell ammo and the like?
    Fully stocked gun shop, ammo, guns, reloading goodies and holster plus more.

User

Does anyone know what a day pass costs at Milnerton?
    R100 per day for visitors.

Just remember that False Bay's longest range is 125 metres (or maybe even 100) and can only accommodate about 4 rifle shooters at a time, whereas the normal range at Milnerton is 375 metres and can accommodate about 60. If you shoot lots of rifle, especially at longer ranges, it might be clever to join MSA. Some False Bay members end up travelling to Milnerton range (which is in Atlantis) for this reason.

False Bay has much better pistol facilities than Milnerton.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast