Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: First EDC - Glock 19 vs Glock 43X

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    I had a look at the Glock website and the rail is a slim rail that only works with the 43x/48 Surefire WML that hasn't come out yet (similar to how the P365 has a rail for specialized lights too).
    Would still get the rail model anyway for when it does come out eventually.

I wouldn't use a Recover rail, just looks like another thing to worry about and that could negatively affect reliability.
    If y’all have Streamlight flashlights over there checkout the TLR6. It mounts to the front of the trigger guard, has 100 lumen output, includes an adjustable lazer and you’re in business.

I have my 43 sighted in with the lazer at 15 yards and it is primarily my BUG. Gg19 is primary.

User

We do...https://hntsupplies.co.za/product/streamlight-tlr-6/

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    As a lean guy I cannot carry and conceal a 19 with a level of comfort that is acceptable. The grip prints and the slide has bust a ball or two.The 43 far and away makes the most sense for anyone in a professional environment with tailored clothes. The 365 or even 365xl with the ability to experiment with grip frame sizes is the way of the future in my mind but I have neither shot nor tried one so just my thoughts.
    Get together with your tailor and explain the problem. He can make adjustments that make “printing “ a thing of the past.

User

The 48.

A gun you can carry all day and fight with all night.

all i can say is i have owned and still own the following Glock models.

17, 17L, 19, 19X, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30, 36, 42, 43, 43X, of all of these i still find the 43X the best of all of them, at the moment admittedly, i still own the 19X, 42 and the 43X, and i feel i have the best of Glock in terms of an all round Glock solution.

1) 42 with Trijicon Bright and Tough night sights stock other wise for pocket carry, i also have a Kydex pocket holster for this.
    2) 43X with Ashley Express Big Dot Express night sights, with the standard dot, also have like 8 mags for this in a premium leather Garrity AIWB holster as my daily carry.
    3) Glock 19X with an Appendix AIWB by DH which i plan to buy more mags for, this will be used for my SHTF gun.

Granted, i have numerous pistols and makes for numerous uses, my night stand gun, although the 19X can be used, i also have other solutions, such as a USPf in 9mmP, an HK P30 DAO with an Insight APLc and a few mags, also use a S&W 5906 with 17 round Mec gar mags for this purpose, for carry i have about 10 others, don't wanna go into a all i own scenario, but in the end if i only had three, i feel the 42, 43X and the 19X would have everything basically covered.

in short i feel if i could only have one i would be well served with the G43X for a do all except pocket carry solution, and if pushed i could agree that a 43 could do everything if it had to be, unfortunately i never could shoot the 43 well at all, the 43X has cured this, but then it could just be the way i am put together, as my best mate used to shoot his 43 very well, he also "upgraded" to the 43X and never looked back also

ow just personally, i dont see the point of the G48 personally, i just dont see the advantage of the extra inch, but then again i a partial for AIWB, so the G48 holds less appeal, i guess at strong side or at the 4.30 position one could use the 48 i guess

User

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    ow just personally, i dont see the point of the G48 personally, i just dont see the advantage of the extra inch, but then again i a partial for AIWB, so the G48 holds less appeal, i guess at strong side or at the 4.30 position one could use the 48 i guess
    I second that Andy. I would much rather have a Gen G19 MOS.

User

The answer greatly depends on your work environment and how you dress.

Ultimately you’ll need both. Have a single stack for when you can’t conceal a 19.

Two guns becomes a necessity as soon as you actually defend yourself. A mate is still waiting for a return of his only handgun more than 8 months later.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    The 48.

A gun you can carry all day and fight with all night.
    I agree. I find the longer slide also carries better for AIWB, also why the G19 carries better than the G26 appendix. I didn't understand the G48 till I played with one. I prefer compact sized guns dress type/work environment plays a big role.

User

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    The 48 is easier to shoot than the 43X.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast