Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Indeed, however Radical like DM4 has had issues in the past, same as PSA and Anderson... so they all fit the same boat really. I've seen some Anderson Receivers that that the rear takedown pin was out enough that it needed to be oval to close on an in spec upper. From what I hear DM4's have gotten a bit better, how much? I dunno. Radicals have been known to have loose screws and sub par carrier key staking, but typically gtg.
    DM4 still has tight chambers that's still a current issue.Did play with a Radical and the fit was good. The muzzle device looked like someone missed with the wrench so agree some cosmetic QC was missed. But I'll be replacing it anyway so didn't bother me. Yes I did buy one.

User

Default Re: Looking at an AR

I've seen more than a few shiny new American made AR's choking over the years. Being made in America isn't a guarantee of quality and reliability in an of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    I've seen more than a few shiny new American made AR's choking over the years. Being made in America isn't a guarantee of quality and reliability in an of itself.
    It is if you buy a Colt :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    It is if you buy a Colt :)
    Guess you didn't see the complaints of bad quality guns, using sub standard parts from the US Community in the last few years?
    The difference between a "good" brand and a "crap" one is how many bad guns get through QC, and bad ones always get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Guess you didn't see the complaints of bad quality guns, using sub standard parts from the US Community in the last few years?
    The difference between a "good" brand and a "crap" one is how many bad guns get through QC, and bad ones always get through.
    Colt had a batch of bad triggers which they rectified immediately. The rest was moaning about Colt changing roll marks, laser vs stamping and some other parts marking etc.Not a single one about guns that did not work as designed or a shred of evidence that they did not meet spec.The article on Ar15.com on high round count M4 seems to show them as amongst the most long lasting.

User

Thank you for all this feedback.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14