Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: For those of you that have never been charged by a w/hog - they brave and aggressive when need b

Would love to see Fred Mouton (humorist illustrator in Magnum etc.) do a drawing of that one. Go for it treeman!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Damn - that is epic! The picture that this creates in ones' mind is very vivid! :)

User

Default Re: For those of you that have never been charged by a w/hog - they brave and aggressive when need b

What a pic! Hyena not laughing this time!

User

He, he, he..man I would like to have been there...to make a video of it...but I think I would have such a laugh it would not have been possible to held a camera at allPig one up , Treeman an empty zero...

User

Well at least we now know where Treeman got his name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Not to flog a dead horse but....The mental picture you chaps have was nothing compared to the sounds of this epic battle as heard by myself wriggling on my belly in thick,thick bush in pitch blackness [Trying not to get the shotgun stock scratched] towards what i thought would surely be the gruesome scene of a dismembered,mutilated Treeman.

Several times this pig tried to get Treeman who's feet were only a meter off the ground. Each attack started off with what sounded all the world like a lister engine coughing to life. In a series of grunts which quickly rose to a fighting pig cresendo of squeals which would turn even the devils blood cold,the pig would then hurl itself at Treemans tree.
    Then,you could hear the jaws and teeth snapping together,punctuated by the puny sound of the 9mm fast emptying itself. The pig actually stripped and tore the bark off the young Milkwood to get Treeman,the damage occuring high up the tree to a height of about 6 inches below where Treeman was puckering up his family jewels.

On my way to the battlefield i subconsciously was counting the 9mm shots and only got a tinge of concern when i realised the 9 was dry and the pig was still fighting mad. My words of encouragement were met with obscene language.
    Anyway,my explanation to Treeman that he had experienced the best of pig hunting on his first trip were not appreciated.

*rethinks going pig hunting with a puny 9mm*

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    In a series of grunts which quickly rose to a fighting pig cresendo of squeals which would turn even the devils blood cold,
    Was this Treeman or the pig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Arrow Re: For those of you that have never been charged by a w/hog - they brave and aggressive when need b

I think you complain too much -- you had GUNS

How would you manage with an assegai and a knobkerrie ?
    or
    Just a knife -- Harry Wolhuter

Perhaps Bushpig are tougher than Lions ?

Perhaps we should go back to basics and hunt Springbok from the back of a horse with a Mongolian re curve bow ?
    When it becomes impossible to get ammo and reload components

Banned

Lightbulb Re: For those of you that have never been charged by a w/hog - they brave and aggressive when need b

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    And that is the reason I am not fond of shotguns and bushpig.
    A 240 gr Hornady XTP at 1600 fps mv just works better for me.
    Pump action --and-- Brenneke slugs !

User

Adoons...yes you are correct. I have shot enough pigs with a shotgun to realise its short comings.

Graham...Ha ha...actually Treeman was about as cool in this situation as a man can get.

Brenneke...I am at enough of a disadvantage with a FA without going all primitive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast