Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Homemade annealing machine info..

Is it worth it to build your own one without to much trouble? Read some older post and saw that Andrew Leigh was experimenting with it. Has anyone built one recently?

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...ealing-Machine

User

Default Re: Homemade annealing machine info..

I just recently ordered a 1000W induction heating module off bidorbuy. Delivery scheduled for after-lockdown.

The intention is to try to get a repeatable heat on a case neck by controlling the time that the module is powered while the case neck is in the coil, and locating the case neck identically every time.

This might work, or it might not.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It is worth it but my failure was that I tried to produce one basically could be made at home with minimal materials and tools. This is tough especially as I devote way to much time to aesthetics. the other problem is prototyping, I must have spent over R 3000.00 purely in development costs, I called it quits.

Some time ago I bought a speed controller with digital readout and am going to have another bash at it. The biggest problem is getting the wheel machined. Damn, I need to finish this project now .

annealer.jpg
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    It is worth it but my failure was that I tried to produce one basically could be made at home with minimal materials and tools. This is tough especially as I devote way to much time to aesthetics. the other problem is prototyping, I must have spent over R 3000.00 purely in development costs, I called it quits.

Some time ago I bought a speed controller with digital readout and am going to have another bash at it. The biggest problem is getting the wheel machined. Damn, I need to finish this project now .

annealer.jpg
    Welldone. Great job thus far. The craftsmanship is superb! Did you buy all of your components of the site as stated in your post?

User

Quote Originally Posted by zs6hdv View Post
    I just recently ordered a 1000W induction heating module off bidorbuy. Delivery scheduled for after-lockdown.

The intention is to try to get a repeatable heat on a case neck by controlling the time that the module is powered while the case neck is in the coil, and locating the case neck identically every time.

This might work, or it might not.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Ahh that seems like a great idea. Keep us updated please!

Banned

If you whats up me I will send you a video of mine, made from a webber spit braai motor and baking tins, yes baking tins.
    Yes it works like a R 10000 one but looks like a R 200 one

User

Also built one a few years ago. Was fine for the calibers I loaded at that stage, but as my handloading cartridge list got longer, one with a very short case and other long ones, it lacked adjustability to suit varying case lengths. I recently bought an Easy Anneal Case Saver from a Phillip Marais. Good product and built in adjustability in various ways.

I’m excited that guys are starting to DIY induction annealers. That will bring down the exorbitant commercial annealers prices. (We are also heavily shafted by the exchange rate.) I think ultimately induction heating is the answer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I’m excited that guys are starting to DIY induction annealers. That will bring down the exorbitant commercial annealers prices. (We are also heavily shafted by the exchange rate.) I think ultimately induction heating is the answer.
    Yes - this is the answer and fast becoming a necessity. $20 - R400 + R1600 for a box of cup and core. R1000 for 50 x .223/.308 cases.

User

Ill send you a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    If you whats up me I will send you a video of mine, made from a webber spit braai motor and baking tins, yes baking tins.
    Yes it works like a R 10000 one but looks like a R 200 one

User

Would love to see the plans you have for the homemade induction annealer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast