Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: How long did you wait for you License Card to be printed, after approval???

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    He got a printout of the licence from the DFO, so he has the firearm but just not the card.
    That is lucky! My DFO won't even consider that. He gave me a print out but he won't endorse it so that I can collect my firearm.

User

Default Re: How long did you wait for you License Card to be printed, after approval???

To all the Western Cape guys...........

I spoke to someone at the regional office this morning. She told me they were surprised at the amount of cards they received this month from the CFR.

Mine is actualy there. Approve 8 March 2010. Picking up today.

Get your DFO's to go get the cards!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

User

Awesome LenB! What a feeling. Hope you enjoy shooting your F/A!

User

Captain-M, I would go and speak to the station commander and ask what his thoughts are on the matter. I cant understand why they cant give you an endorsed printout.

User

Quote Originally Posted by b20 View Post
    Captain-M, I would go and speak to the station commander and ask what his thoughts are on the matter. I cant understand why they cant give you an endorsed printout.
    I concern is that if I piss them off, they will just make me wait longer for my card! Some guys on the posts have had to wait up to 3 months. Initally my DFO told me 1 -2 weeks, then no my second visit to him, to ask for the endorsement, which he was quite rude about, and the he told me 3 weeks. Already the time frame is increased, there, as he was slightly pissed off that I was requesting an endorsement.

My feeling is that the card does not constitute a license. I am licensed on the system, and the card is merely proof of that. Like I have said before. If I lost my drivers license card, I would still be licensed to drive a car, but I would need to get another one printed, to carry on my person, as proof that I am licensed.

Likewise, if I had a letter in my posession endorsed by the police, stating that I am licensed, that should be proof enough, until I get my card from them.

Frankly I think that they just don't want to give me the endorsement, because then they would have to get off their asses and make sure my card gets printed ASAP. , and that would be just too much work the the .

User

Apparently a lot of approved cards have been placed on hold on the system and cannot even be printed from the system!!
    Some cards that are on hold are even lying on a "mistery" persons table, Buthmy feeling is we know who it is...

Probably based on licenses that got approved to quickly or by the intervention of some insider or not going through the "un official" sheep for favours process...
    Where there is smoke, there is fire!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    He got a printout of the licence from the DFO, so he has the firearm but just not the card.
    Is that at all possible? I mean does the police actually help you out sometimes?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lindzeyva View Post
    about 2 months
    What province was that?

User

From Approval 10 Aug - 11 days to print card

User

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunShaun View Post
    From Approval 10 Aug - 11 days to print card
    Shaun - What DFO?

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast