Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: How long did you wait for you License Card to be printed, after approval???

Quote Originally Posted by wormyzn View Post
    At Cap-M the card printer is not broken in KZN I know the boys there they are printing, Your card takes 1/2 weeks for print. Then shipped to the DFO kick his ass if he aint informing u.
    Wormyzn - You are the man! Thanks for the info!!! If I PM you my details would you be able to check with your contacts in printing, and find out if they have recieved the instruction from CFR to proceed with the printing of my card yet?

User

Default Re: How long did you wait for you License Card to be printed, after approval???

Gauteng will take about 2 to 3 weeks as the Printer is NOT BROKEN but they have a back log and try to get it sorted out as soon as possible.

Well that was what was said to me when I phoned the last time

User

Four months of excuses to print a damn card. Too busy playing Solitaire on their computers and eating KFC.

A further competency was approved on 15/2/2010. The call centre info shows it was received by the DFO Pinetown on 18 Feb. The card was finally issued on 15 June 2010. It took a total of 20 months from date of application till I got the card in my hands.

5 March -card at station or Province
    25 March- DFO - no card received yet
    7 April - DFO phoned he was at Province would call tomorrow
    8 April- sorry no cards collected as the printer is down
    19 April- card was printed and is at the DFO Pinetown
    28 April- Province- the card must be at Pretoria?
    4 May -DFO no comp as yet asked for reprint
    6 May -Your application is somewhere in the building I will try find it.
    25 May -Your competency was approved ????????????
    9 June - told to send a fax to Comp Card Reprints Capt Howard 012 353 6205 perhaps he can help
    15 June - oh your card is here....

User

I'm hoping Pinetown (KZN) don't delay my card that long! I am aware there there is a bit of a back log at KZN provincial, but I have it on good information, that it's only a 2 week back log at present.

User

Mine is still at provincial Gauteng took them two weeks from approved to printed.

User

After applying over two years ago, license being declined in December 2009, then submitting an appeal this year, my license was finally approved in mid-June this year. Still waiting for the card.

DFO (Gauteng - Moffat View) hasn't received anything yet. The friendly lady i spoke said they receive mail every Wednesday, so I should check at the end of the week.

Called Pretoria...license still not printed. Said it might be done by the end of this month. Will call again in a weeks time...hopefully it will be good news!

User

Called my DFO this afternoon, but my card is still not there. It will be two weeks tomorrow, since my application was approved. Apparently they collect cards twice a month, and will be collecting this week, so I will try calling on on Friday again, maybe even pay the station a visit. (holding fingers).

User

A friend of mine's application was approved in June 2009.
    It is now August 2010 and STILL no card!!!
    He has asked for 3 reprints with no results.
    Phoned the DFO monthly and Provincial Commander of Firearm units, but nobody in the Eastern Cape is prepared to pull their fingers out of their arses!
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    A friend of mine's application was approved in June 2009.
    It is now August 2010 and STILL no card!!!
    He has asked for 3 reprints with no results.
    Phoned the DFO monthly and Provincial Commander of Firearm units, but nobody in the Eastern Cape is prepared to pull their fingers out of their arses!
    Tell your mate to advise the DFO and/or Provincial Commander, that he is going to get a court order to have the card released! And he should spend a couple bucks on a lawyers letter to the DFO and copy for the Provincial Commander advising them of this. Hopefully that will get their attention. It's definately worth a bash.

User

He got a printout of the licence from the DFO, so he has the firearm but just not the card.
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast