Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: If you had R25,000 to invest...

Clear credit card 1st
    Bond 2nd
    Shares 3rd

Get rid of that debt and then buy Krugerrands. Layman advice, take it or leave it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Clear credit card, and dont rip them up, you might need it, its just better to leave it at home, but then again, you never know when emergencies happen
    That's the sensible answer!

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Get rid of that debt and then buy Krugerrands. Layman advice, take it or leave it.
    I know a guy that buys up Kruger Rands at scrap value. According to him promises made on Kruger Rands when buying very seldom materializes when trying to sell. This is not my opinion only what he told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Depending on what scrap value is. You should at least get gold spot price minus maybe a little, even if you have to sell to a jeweller

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Banned

Buy cigarettes!
    You'll more than double your investment in under a week

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    I know a guy that buys up Kruger Rands at scrap value. According to him promises made on Kruger Rands when buying very seldom materializes when trying to sell. This is not my opinion only what he told me.

Where the heck does he get KRs at scrap value?? I would buy them too and quickly resell (or keep!) for a profit. People are buying gold/silver like crazy atm, and some people are charging exorbitant prices for silver. Not sure why people would sell at scrap......
    There are shops like Mr Kruger and Cape Gold Coin Exchange (in Cape Town) that will buy KRs. If you want the best price sell through Bid Or Buy or classifieds. You almost always get what KRs go for new (or close to) when you sell on BoB.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Where the heck does he get KRs at scrap value?? I would buy them too and quickly resell (or keep!) for a profit. People are buying gold/silver like crazy atm, and some people are charging exorbitant prices for silver. Not sure why people would sell at scrap......
    There are shops like Mr Kruger and Cape Gold Coin Exchange (in Cape Town) that will buy KRs. If you want the best price sell through Bid Or Buy or classifieds. You almost always get what KRs go for new (or close to) when you sell on BoB.
    Apparently loads of people that are desperate. He advertises and buys up old jewelry and Kruger Rands and resells in UAE.

User

Part of his LinkedIn profile

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I am of layman opinion that Kruger Rands (Gold) are priced too high currently, especially in Rand terms.

If you have debt, you cannot "Invest". As long as you have liabilities on your balance sheet strictly speaking it is not sensible to make an investment of some sorts. Myself do not adhere to this principle as my portfolio are not a simple structure. If I can get R 25 000 from one entity into my personal entity I would invest it in my personal entity and keep on paying for instance the tax deductible interest on vehicle financing in for instance a company or move money between entities on loan accounts etc. Investment advice need to be tailor made according to ones exposure or involvement in various enterprises, so to supply an answer like "buy Kruger Rands" or "buy art works" etc are seldom the right advise.

Personally and currently I would for now chuck it into a Tax Free savings account or 30 day fixed deposit in my childrens names and try to add some more funds monthly and wait till the Corona craze have settled and then work further with it. In volatile times, go for a safe haven in the short term.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast