Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Ruger EC9s

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    I asked about spares and accessories and there seems to be a good choice and the agents are good backing up the product.
    To add to your comment, have a look at this thread. The Lira much like the rand has taken a hiding hence the price of these.

    https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/High-round-count-pistols-100-000-observations/4-160140/?page=14

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    AFAIK there are 2 local importers for Ruger, VLT in Pta and Guns&Bows in Parow.

    VLT is owned by the AOS/Delta group, the same guys who give such excelent support on Taurus etc... And they have this pistol on promotion.

    I am a big Ruger fan and own several Rugers. Although I have zero experience with the EC9, I have high expectations of it. The acid test would be to find spare mags, springs, holsters etc.

    These are things one should investigate BEFORE buying it.
    I hear what you are saying, I must admit I have been guilty of not doing much homework on local support on this one. VLT does have spare mags so that's covered, not sure about other spares.

    The price just made it incredibly enticing almost "disposable" should the need arise due to not being able to find spares or my wife not being comfortable with it. We need to go through the whole licensing nonsense every 5 years in any case.

    What has your experience been with finding spares etc?

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pietermaritzburg, kzn
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,346

    Default Re: Ruger EC9s

    Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    AFAIK there are 2 local importers for Ruger, VLT in Pta and Guns&Bows in Parow. VLT is owned by the AOS/Delta group, the same guys who give such excelent support on Taurus etc... And they have this pistol on promotion.I am a big Ruger fan and own several Rugers. Although I have zero experience with the EC9, I have high expectations of it. The acid test would be to find spare mags, springs, holsters etc.These are things one should investigate BEFORE buying it.
    I looked up and read up about the EC9 on the net last night, and it's a lc9, but with integral sights

  4. #14
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pietermaritzburg, kzn
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,346

    Default Re: Ruger EC9s

    So holsters would be the same as the lc9

  5. #15

    Default Re: Ruger EC9s

    Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Another thing I learnt only recently: contact a Ruger armourer or Ruger self, and ask for the design and maintenance specs of the pistol. Example: S&W M&P9 was designed to last 150 000 shots.

    If they tell you the EC9 was designed for 10 000 shots, you know to take very good care of it. If it was designed for 100 000 shots, you can comfortably put thousands of rounds through it and just do regular maintenance.
    This is what got from Ruger.

    There are far too many variablesinvolved to estimate the service life. Just a few of the variables include: howoften it is cleaned, at what rate it is fired, what type of ammo is used, etc.
    Best Regards,
    Ruger Customer Service

  6. #16

    Default Re: Ruger EC9s



    Watched this clip this morning. Listen to opening sentences. When he mentions apparently most sold firearm in USA.
    Could this be.

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Under the Jackalberry.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,436

    Default Re: Ruger EC9s

    Quote Originally Posted by JIV View Post
    I hear what you are saying, I must admit I have been guilty of not doing much homework on local support on this one. VLT does have spare mags so that's covered, not sure about other spares.

    The price just made it incredibly enticing almost "disposable" should the need arise due to not being able to find spares or my wife not being comfortable with it. We need to go through the whole licensing nonsense every 5 years in any case.

    What has your experience been with finding spares etc?
    The life expectancy of the LC9 and similar EC9 can not be very high. I guess it is intended to be gun you shoot a little and carry a lot. No personal experience with it, so I may be wrong.

    I have bought various Ruger parts from VLT while the were still under the previous ownership. I even had them import parts for me. It took about 6 months, but they did it. As I said, previous owner.

    I have only dealt with Guns & Bows a few times. The fact that we sit in opposite corners of the country did not help. Every time I called them, I got excellent service and had a parcel delivered a week later. I would give them a call first.

  8. #18
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pietermaritzburg, kzn
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,346

    Default Re: Ruger EC9s

    Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    The life expectancy of the LC9 and similar EC9 can not be very high. I guess it is intended to be gun you shoot a little and carry a lot. No personal experience with it, so I may be wrong.

    I have bought various Ruger parts from VLT while the were still under the previous ownership. I even had them import parts for me. It took about 6 months, but they did it. As I said, previous owner.

    I have only dealt with Guns & Bows a few times. The fact that we sit in opposite corners of the country did not help. Every time I called them, I got excellent service and had a parcel delivered a week later. I would give them a call first.
    I've also had top service from Mark at Guns and Bows a few years ago. I got spares for my original EDC, a Ruger P95DC from them for much cheaper than what it was gonna cost me to import it

  9. #19

    Default Re: Ruger EC9s

    Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    The life expectancy of the LC9 and similar EC9 can not be very high. I guess it is intended to be gun you shoot a little and carry a lot. No personal experience with it, so I may be wrong.

    I have bought various Ruger parts from VLT while the were still under the previous ownership. I even had them import parts for me. It took about 6 months, but they did it. As I said, previous owner.

    I have only dealt with Guns & Bows a few times. The fact that we sit in opposite corners of the country did not help. Every time I called them, I got excellent service and had a parcel delivered a week later. I would give them a call first.
    The manual does say its rated for +P but it will increase wear. At least there are options, as far as longevity is concerned only time will tell.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Ruger EC9s

    Quote Originally Posted by da_asassin View Post
    I've also had top service from Mark at Guns and Bows a few years ago. I got spares for my original EDC, a Ruger P95DC from them for much cheaper than what it was gonna cost me to import it
    That sounds promising, not ideal that they are far out, but still workable. Anyway I will have to see how things go with the Ruger, I have mostly read good things about them. If things don't work out at least it didn't cost a fortune.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •