Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Default Re: America - Civil War II 1st phase has started

Quote Originally Posted by realkingkam View Post
    Why the anger - America is a racist state.
    And yet Obama was voted in by a big majority, twice!! America is racist when it suits you.

Why loot and burn and be angry - because they are discriminated against, not heard, suppressed and killed.
    So Martin Luther King had it wrong then.

Why mention it on this thread instead of starting another , because he wanted to and can comment on whatever he pleases.
    Sure he can, but then don't insinuate racism (or whatever he was insinuating) on the part of Gunsite posters for not commenting on the death.

Why is there references to African ancestry, take that veiled racist nonsense and duck with it
    Yeah agree.

Why is there reference to ghandi and Mandela and them being called tossers , the those insults on hero's of struggle falls wayside to comments made with good intent, the narrative is clear and what you have deemed important is clear. Defend white racist far right america with a racist president and racist police force and racist people.
    Again were they racist when they voted in Obama, or just when they voted in Trump?
    Of course you get right wing in the US, just like you get radical black Americans who hate white people. You get racists of all colours all over the world. But saying that America is racist as a whole is just plain ignorant and idiotic.

Black on black violence is not ok. But racist violence is worse. Black America is under siege and it is about time they stood up and i do not care in what way shape or form, something needs to be done.
    Black America is not under siege And if they were they would be under siege from other black Americans. Have you looked at the statistics? Black on black murders faaaaar outweigh white on black or any other group. You are high on emotion. Calm down and get back to reality.

You know who are tossers every white individual who supported the apartheid state and voted to keep them in power those who contributed directly or indirectly to the racist state and looked the other way when it was comfortable. Just my opinion in reply to homeboys who feel entitled to their opinions on people i deem great. If Mandela really wanted to be a tosser his 94 speech should have started with lynch them all. See how you stop 80 percent on the nation getting back some.
    No, then there would have been NO negotiated peace. Nothing would have been signed.

You forget the army and police were still white and if Mandela/the ANC had gone back on their word, it would not have ended well for the ANC leadership or any attempted mass killings.

Yes Mandela showed grace and class after he was set free, but he was up against a government that was in full control and shedding the blood of hundreds of thousands of white South Africans just wasn't on the cards, because the reverse would have happened.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

To be able to use the word racist and understand the word, a person using or understanding it needs to be a racist himself.

(Not referring to any specific commentator on this thread. Just saying.)

But what really boggles my mind is that in general it is perceived that only a certain race can be racist. There are comments made that feels to me that those comments are racist towards me. It is infringing on my human rights and is causing emotional pain as I am not deeming myself to be a racist, but by my white skin are automatically classified as one.

On the riots that the thread is actually about, what hits me between the eyes time and again, is that when riots start because of perceived racial prejudice, the rioters loot and burn and kill anything and all races. Even their own. And that is why I don't believe violent protests are anything else but thuggery and needs to be dealt with appropriately.

User

You know who are tossers every white individual who supported the apartheid state and voted to keep them in power those who contributed directly or indirectly to the racist state and looked the other way when it was comfortable. Just my opinion in reply to homeboys who feel entitled to their opinions on people i deem great. If Mandela really wanted to be a tosser his 94 speech should have started with lynch them all. See how you stop 80 percent on the nation getting back some.
    It is my view that people like you are one of the major reasons why we cannot move forward as a nation.
    Apartheid was evil and wrong. But to bring it up now on such a thread and accuse people on here of racism is just plain ridiculous.
    As a person of colour who has been on this site for a few years now, I have dealt with many members on this forum (of which many have been white) and let me tell you, I have not once experienced any form of racism or discrimination.

Having met some regular gunsiters in person (of which most are white) I can once again say that I was treated with respect and in a friendly manner.

When I visit gun stores or go to the range, those that are the friendliest and most helpful are the 'white' staff members or fellow shooters.

I will leave you with a quote from the good Ole Book:

"Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing, now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?"

Obama was an outlier. Period, you bring up a single incident to defend an uncomfortable truth the reality is the KKK and nazi's still run around and hold rallies very proud and America does not care. Try that shit here see what south Africa does about it the state will momberg your ass quick quick and that is case and point as to why i refer to the nation and not individual.

Yes emotion but still plenty of logic to my reasoning the situation in america is one i follow closely and one i am emotional about.

Social injustice and many many other politically created factors have led to the deteriorating of black America hence your statistics, and if you have not taken in to account past injustice and the effects thereof then please do. If you have and you still feel you are right then maybe you should re asses how neutral you consider yourself to be. Them suburbs that them masters built on the backs of them black folks sure really did set the course for generations to come.

Oh and yes. With all due respect to the great and honourable Mr King. I believe X had a much better ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    No, then there would have been NO negotiated peace. Nothing would have been signed.

You forget the army and police were still white and if Mandela/the ANC had gone back on their word, it would not have ended well for the ANC leadership or any attempted mass killings.

Yes Mandela showed grace and class after he was set free, but he was up against a government that was in full control and shedding the blood of hundreds of thousands of white South Africans just wasn't on the cards, because the reverse would have happened.
    If you want to believe that it was not possible then please do. He spent 20 years in prison a few more years to insure reform was very much possible oh really really possible his wife had the country ready to go he was the one that de escalated and inturn again cost him his marriage.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    To be able to use the word racist and understand the word, a person using or understanding it needs to be a racist himself.
    Big head scratch (Pun intended?).

Defense. Damn man when an individual decides to argue the other side of the narrative people are quick to jump on here and get the bashing.

Yes go read up there are veiled racist remarks on this thread and it is not acceptable. I will defend and argue what i believe to be right just as you are entitled to do.

Obama was an outlier. Period, you bring up a single incident to defend an uncomfortable truth the reality is the KKK and nazi's still run around and hold rallies very proud and America does not care. Try that shit here see what south Africa does about it the state will momberg your ass quick quick and that is case and point as to why i refer to the nation and not individual.

Yes emotion but still plenty of logic to my reasoning the situation in america is one i follow closely and one i am emotional about.

Social injustice and many many other politically created factors have led to the deteriorating of black America hence your statistics, and if you have not taken in to account past injustice and the effects thereof then please do. If you have and you still feel you are right then maybe you should re asses how neutral you consider yourself to be. Them suburbs that them masters built on the backs of them black folks sure really did set the course for generations to come.

Oh and yes. With all due respect to the great and honourable Mr King. I believe X had a much better ideology.
    Well I'm a Christian and so naturally I would side with King, but it's not only because he was a Christian, it was the man and his approach.

As for X, well maybe I understand you a little better, because X was for racial SEPARATION, so that says a lot about X and you.

There are still Nazis in Germany, is Germany a racist country?
    The amount of KKK and Nazis in the US is minuscule. Is every country that has ever wronged a group going to be forever labeled?
    What of the British Empire and their racist escapades, are they still a racist country?

Edit: How was Obama an outlier?

User

Why on earth would a black man like Trevor Noah go and live and work in a "racist" country like America?

His whole argument, eloquent as it is, falls flat because of that. This supposedly racist country with 72% white population elected a black president for two terms. In SA if you are white you may not even criticize the government and you are called a racist.

He is also very selective with his examples of police brutality. Many more white people are killed by police in the US than black people. totally out of proportion with the relative involvement in crime but because the press jump on the white against black brutality cases and gloss over the black on black or white on white because they cannot shout racism it is ignored.

According to IPID cases of police brutality in SA increased by 32% in April while violent crime dropped massively during the same period but the press cannot shout racism so nothing to see here.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast