Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Default Re: America - Civil War II 1st phase has started

Quote Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
    It is my view that people like you are one of the major reasons why we cannot move forward as a nation.
    Apartheid was evil and wrong. But to bring it up now on such a thread and accuse people on here of racism is just plain ridiculous.
    As a person of colour who has been on this site for a few years now, I have dealt with many members on this forum (of which many have been white) and let me tell you, I have not once experienced any form of racism or discrimination.

Having met some regular gunsiters in person (of which most are white) I can once again say that I was treated with respect and in a friendly manner.

When I visit gun stores or go to the range, those that are the friendliest and most helpful are the 'white' staff members or fellow shooters.

I will leave you with a quote from the good Ole Book:

"Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing, now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?"
    And to counter your view , it is the social injustice caused by apartheid that is still holding this country back and people like you who sweep it under the rug with your move on mentality that is compounding that by not addressing or allowing open and emotional conversations around the topic. More so go and read properly before accusing me of calling out racism wrongly, it is what it is ... and i too have dealt with many awesome people on gunsite. Reality is not everybody is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierMan View Post
    Well I'm a Christian and so naturally I would side with King, but it's not only because he was a Christian, it was the man and his approach.

As for X, well maybe I understand you a little better, because X was for racial SEPARATION, so that says a lot about X and you.

There are still Nazis in Germany, is Germany a racist country?
    The amount of KKK and Nazis in the US is minuscule. Is every country that has ever wronged a group going to be forever labeled?
    What of the British Empire and their racist escapades, are they still a racist country?

Edit: How was Obama an outlier?
    You miss the point , the country that allows the continued views of racist ideology is in turn a racist country. If Germany still allows the nazi's to run around and celebrate there ideology openly then yes they are racist.

And in context to the time of king and X . If my support for an eye for an eye ideology has me labeled a certain way then so be it. No need to play by what would be considered social norm i say it loud and proud if your suppressor places injustice on you then by all means. Retaliate

Quote Originally Posted by FFourie View Post
    Why on earth would a black man like Trevor Noah go and live and work in a "racist" country like America?

His whole argument, eloquent as it is, falls flat because of that. This supposedly racist country with 72% white population elected a black president for two terms. In SA if you are white you may not even criticize the government and you are called a racist.

He is also very selective with his examples of police brutality. Many more white people are killed by police in the US than black people. totally out of proportion with the relative involvement in crime but because the press jump on the white against black brutality cases and gloss over the black on black or white on white because they cannot shout racism it is ignored.

According to IPID cases of police brutality in SA increased by 32% in April while violent crime dropped massively during the same period but the press cannot shout racism so nothing to see here.
    Oh no

Please no offense fourie but no.

User

Wat die hart van vol is loop die mond van oor.

Time to stop and go sleep on it, we are suppose to be better than this, this arguing takes the forum nowhere.

User

Timeline of official response to the Floyd death from the "racist" Americans:
    25 May - Arrest and death of Floyd.
    26 May - All 4 police officers fired
    29 May - Mike Freeman arrested and charged with 3rd degree murder/manslaughter.

Compare that to the response from our black government to the murder of Mr Khosa in Alexandra:
    The guy was having a beer in his own yard.
    The family had to go to court to force an investigation and suspension of the SANDF officers involved.
    SANDF internal investigation found nobody at fault.
    Minister says they are not off the hook yet (but give it time ).

User

Quote Originally Posted by realkingkam View Post
    You know who are tossers every white individual who supported the apartheid state and voted to keep them in power those who contributed directly or indirectly to the racist state and looked the other way when it was comfortable. Just my opinion in reply to homeboys who feel entitled to their opinions on people i deem great. If Mandela really wanted to be a tosser his 94 speech should have started with lynch them all. See how you stop 80 percent on the nation getting back some.
    The apartheid thing is getting really tired now. Sure it was bad and, and, and, and... Thing is that most people want to move on. We are 26years into democracy and a few more without apartheid, but some people would rather hide the evils of today behind the dead duck that was apartheid. Speaking of tossers. My small company that has only 1 white male in it, and way more previously disadvantaged employees, we did not qualify for any covid relief even though I have been paying tax and diligently keeping my books in order for many years, because it is not black enough! But don't worry it's probably Jan van Riebeeck's fault.

SA can't move forward because the current majority is not allowed to by the black elite.

As for the riots. WTF. so a cop was involved in the death of a person. Let the law take it's course. We would not have civilization if every time someone gets killed by a cop the world gets burned. What's up with calling every one a racist when there is a interracial indecent. I thought everybody wanted an inclusive society. That would imply that all races would interact on every level.

PS. White people voted for a democracy. But that does not suit the narrative.
    PPS. Read up on Gandhi. You may not like him as much. You were told to like him as you are told that whites are racist.

User

Quote Originally Posted by realkingkam View Post
    Defense. Damn man when an individual decides to argue the other side of the narrative people are quick to jump on here and get the bashing.

Yes go read up there are veiled racist remarks on this thread and it is not acceptable. I will defend and argue what i believe to be right just as you are entitled to do.
    Well said. Good to see members with opinions such as yours joining Gunsite.

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    The apartheid thing is getting really tired now. Sure it was bad and, and, and, and... Thing is that most people want to move on. We are 26years into democracy and a few more without apartheid, but some people would rather hide the evils of today behind the dead duck that was apartheid.
    Okay then let's talk about colonialism that happened even longer ago whose effects are still acutely felt and is why Africa and Europe are where they are today.

Or is it because the Europeans are all hardworking well wishers minding their own business and Africans are lazy thieves preying on the weak?

User

Quote Originally Posted by mottobaaj View Post
    Okay then let's talk about colonialism that happened even longer ago whose effects are still acutely felt and is why Africa and Europe are where they are today.

Or is it because the Europeans are all hardworking well wishers minding their own business and Africans are lazy thieves preying on the weak?
    Please explain why the European countries that had no colonies, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Denmark and ex colonies like Singapore, Australia, New Zealand are where they are today.

Guys if you really want bannings and a closed thread, continue down this path.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast