Default End of Firearm Amnesty ...

Today is the last day for Firearms to be handed in. Interesting announcement at this time. "All firearms will be tested before they are destroyed" - does that mean, they want to know if they've been used in a crime, or they want to see which ones to sell?

https://twitter.com/eNCA/status/1267013656212054016?s=09

User

Default Re: End of Firearm Amnesty ...

I have wondered about the testing. If they find that a gun has been used in crime will they then prosecute the person that handed it in? If so how is it an amnesty?

User

It saddens me that it has come to this. Yesterday I drove by the Boschkop SAPS and there was a queue to hand in weapons. My dad also had to hand in a 38 snubby that belonged to my mom. The license expired at a time when she had health issues and the renewal was forgotten about. No matter how they tried they could not get it renewed.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Good evening.
    For those who have had to hand in firearms under the amnesty due to expired licences, what is the procedure to have these firearms removed from one's name?

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Today is the last day for Firearms to be handed in. Interesting announcement at this time. "All firearms will be tested before they are destroyed" - does that mean, they want to know if they've been used in a crime, or they want to see which ones to sell?

https://twitter.com/eNCA/status/1267...212054016?s=09
    Yeah wonder how many will be sold to the gangs this time....