User

Default Offset Optic on AR15 platform

Good Morning Guys

Just would like to find out from the guys who are running an LPVO with an Offset Red Dot:

I see most of the setups are more micro red dots like the Vortex Venom, Bushnell Advance Reflex as opposed to the Holosun515 series, Vortex Sparc, Bushnell TRS26.

I understand they are smaller so the rifle will be less cluttered, Just curious if anyone is running one of the bigger red dots on the offset and how does it run for you?

Cheers

User

Default Re: Offset Optic on AR15 platform

Quote Originally Posted by lokx View Post
    Good Morning Guys

Just would like to find out from the guys who are running an LPVO with an Offset Red Dot:

I see most of the setups are more micro red dots like the Vortex Venom, Bushnell Advance Reflex as opposed to the Holosun515 series, Vortex Sparc, Bushnell TRS26.

I understand they are smaller so the rifle will be less cluttered, Just curious if anyone is running one of the bigger red dots on the offset and how does it run for you?

Cheers
    Bigger red dot as in? Aimpoint PRO or Comp Series (not the 5)? Best setup I've seen IMHO, is an offset Aimpoint Micro with an LPVO. IIRC Reptilia Corp makes some very sexy, functional mounts.

User

I was thinking instead of a micro red dot like the vortex venom, could you use the Holosun515GM? Is does it being a "bigger" optic make it less user friendly

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Bigger red dot as in? Aimpoint PRO or Comp Series (not the 5)? Best setup I've seen IMHO, is an offset Aimpoint Micro with an LPVO. IIRC Reptilia Corp makes some very sexy, functional mounts.
    AFAIK, they don't make a offset 45deg mount, but rather a top mount.
    I really like the look of the T-Rex and Arisaka mounts. Would like one in my future.

User

Hi Lokx

So I went through a similar exercise. I liked the idea of running a RDS right up in front of the long gun, wide and unrestricted FOV. So I bought and experimented with the Vortex 45 degree offset mount and tried both the Aimpoint T1 Micro (not typically the choice for this endeavor) I have lying around and my Vortex venom borrowed from my shotgun. After all that sighting in effort, I found that i was shooting far better with the 1XMag on my scope with both eyes open, granted the reticle is illuminated.

Not sure if your LPVO which you mentioned is a true 1 power or maybe a 3-9, if it is the latter, the "enlosed" tube style Aimpoint did not seem any worse than the smaller open type single plane Venom.

Regards

User

Ah awesome thank you,

my LPVO isnt really a true 1 power so was looking of adding the offset. I also have the Vortex 45 Degree mount already. Now trying to figure out which RDS is going to work the best.

Thanks for the feedback, i take it you dont run it offset anymore?