Hi guys,

I have been thinking about a "bushcraft gun" for sometime.

I think that the terms survival and bushcraft are interchanged too willingly (another debate for another thread), and I know many people will choose tactical .223s or ruger 10/22s as "survival" rifles, but I feel that "bushcraft" guns are different in that its less about shooting zombies and more about hunting small game, versatility, packability and lightweight (gun and ammo?).

I have long believed that my .22 was my best bet - but I also own a 410 and 12g side by sides shotgun which I also use. I think there are 100's of pro's and con's, options and opinions - and each is to there own, but am I the only one that thinks the .22-410 combinations must be ideal? Both the .22 and 410 ammo are comparatively light weight (which means we can carry more of it) and both are capable of harvesting small game quite happily.

I know that if my intention is purely to go shoot geese on my mates' farm, that my 12g is probably my best bet, and that my .22 is probably best for rabbits and hares (if that is all I am going to do). The problem is, my 12g shotgun is already heavy, and my .22 is flipping long. Carrying 12g ammo while hiking any distance also stands to make me grumpy - so if my plan is to go walkabout, perhaps even camp with all that I need in my pack, I think a folding combination gun is ideal.

Where can I buy one of these?