Quote Originally Posted by Aspoestertjie69 View Post
Based on Riaans response on gusite FB he got the different feedback on this exact question where the response email stated:

"Please note according to our policy wording you can only use your licenced self defence license for self defence, we do understand that the act allows you to use your section 16 license in an event of selfdefence, however gunsure insurance is underwritten by the insurer AND THEY HAVE STATED THIS AS AN EXCLUSION."

So to me it seems like the reps is either trying to make a sale or they dont understand their own policy verywell. Can we get a copy of the policy document perhaps?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/127739...54717018914331
Hi. That was before Paul had his meetings/discussions with Gunsure. They have since corrected this statement in writing. This is the email I received earlier this week:

Good day
Please note i have escalated the query to senior management and have been advised that you are correct in saying you can use a section 16 fire arm for self defense, Kindly note that all cases are case managed in order to determine if it was a lawful or legal shooting.

Legal shooting as per policy wording is, an incident of discharging a legally registered firearm by the owner, with a valid competency certificate (under the Firearms Control Act).
I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused

Kind Regards