Good day to all fellow members.

After the members have helped me so much on the issues I had with my .270, I am knocking on the door of all the 303 fundi's once again.

My dad have the following hunting setup:
  • 303 no1 mk3 BSA rifle,
  • ATI synthetic stock fitted with a frontend barrel ring.
  • The stock is fully bedded, so there is no free floating of the barrel.
  • SA hunters TITAN 3-9 x 40 scope.
  • Load data - 39.5gr S335 PMP cases(sorted according to internal volume), pmp magnum primers, 174gr PMP SP bullets +/- 2450fps (groups under 25mm at 100m on ave)

The issue we have with this rifle is that we have no problem getting the rifle zero in, but after getting it zero'ed in on one range session and testing to see if the zero held during transport to and from the range, the point of impact moved from where it wat set the previous range session. We live 25km from the range and there are no bad roads.

No adjustments to the scope is made between range sessions, and when we zero the rifle the scope tracks true on the adjustments we make on the range. (So to my knowledge it should not be the scope as it is behaving as it should?) We have also made sure all the screws are set tight and nothing can move.

The groups are fairly consistent under an inch at 100m with no "flyers", so I doubt that the problem can be with the barrel...?

The only thing that I can think of that may cause an issue is the fully bedded stock, but then again why do the rifle shoot consistant groups?

For me this is a very weird becuase we have tested everything that we could think of, but then again the experts may have came across something like this before.

I will appreciate any inputs on this.

Kind regards