Hi

I am Bitong hunter who hunts mostly in the bushveld. I need advice with regard to factory loaded premium ammunition, since I do not reload. I realise that shot placement is most imperative. I prefer to use premium ammunition as "added insurance", considering the cost of game and in the pursuit of quick efficient kills.

I use the 30.06 to usually hunt game from Impala up to Eland, and occasionally springbuck in the Bushveld. I have used Remington Safari Grade and PMP African Elite, both loaded with Swift A Frames in 180gr for many years. I am absolutely pleased with the above in terms of accuracy, efficient killing power and minimal meat damage. Neither of the above are available to purchase currently and I require advise as to a suitable replacement.

6.5 x55 Swede

We have used the above for some time with Norma Oryx 156 grain, successfully to hunt game from Impala to kudu, with the occasional gemsbuck and springbok in the bushveld. This round has served us well and we have never lost any game ever. I nevertheless find the entry wound to be very small with a less than effective blood trail, however killing power has never failed. This ammunition is also scarce and am looking foe advice on available replacement. Would a 140 grain perform better than 156 grain. Meat damage is a consideration.

My son is in the process of acquiring a .308 for use on Impala to Kudu with the occasional eland in the bushveld. I am thinking that the 165Gr will be best suited. Meat damage, as usual is a consideration. I am looking for advice on available premium ammunition.

All assistance will be highly appreciated.