Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The importance of staying in one's lane.

I have noticed a somewhat disturbing trend developing where users and members post what purports to be advice which is obviously out of their skill set.

This is particularly prevalent, but is not limited to, when the threads turn to the justified use of force and private defence.

I caution posters and readers of this "advice" to obtain independent, qualified legal opinion on the scenarios that they sketch.

To the posters of this advice: consider that your that your advice may be incorrect. It may even be so grossly wrong that a person following it, accepting it to be accurate, may find themselves in significant legal trouble, ending in prison.

Where the advice purports to be of a tactical nature, the result may be death.

To the readers of this advice: consider that the person giving you the advice may not be qualified to do so. He or she will not stand with you in the dock. He or she will not stand with you when the metal meets the meat. Seek training and qualified advice.

These admonishments apply across the board, to reloading, hunting, shooting in general, medicine, exercise, tactics, combatives, etc.

Professional advice is only worth what you pay for it.

As ever, Gunsite, it's owners, employees, agents and moderators will not be held liable for bullshit advice followed blindly.
    Last edited by SSP; 11-09-2014 at 10:48.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal