Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Sports adventure shooting Level 3... a personal synopsis if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by MrK View Post
    Thanks LukeS and Camo. What would the nearest Sas chapter be to the Freestate?
    Only Two chapters as of yet.

Gauteng and Mpumalanga (Middelburg)

Sent from my SM-J110F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Sports adventure shooting Level 3... a personal synopsis if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by GVC86 View Post
    Hi Camo,

How will you count the hits then? If a guy is using LG multiple holes might be made with one shot?

It's normally a steel plate and you count as they hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

To clarify my earlier comments about hitting plates at 50 m with a shotgun; I was thinking with my IPSC hat on and was referring to shooting slugs. If using "pellet/ball" type ammo it obviously should be easier as you have some leeway due to shot spreading. Still very interesting to see where your gun patterns at those ranges.

Do you guys specify ammo type for shotgun in Sas?

User

Quote Originally Posted by LukeS View Post
    It's normally a steel plate and you count as they hit.

Thanks Luke, misunderstood the previous replies
    To clarify my earlier comments about hitting plates at 50 m with a shotgun; I was thinking with my IPSC hat on and was referring to shooting slugs. If using "pellet/ball" type ammo it obviously should be easier as you have some leeway due to shot spreading. Still very interesting to see where your gun patterns at those ranges.

Do you guys specify ammo type for shotgun in Sas?
    LG and Slugs I think.

Quote Originally Posted by GVC86 View Post
    Hi Camo,

How will you count the hits then? If a guy is using LG multiple holes might be made with one shot?

Then it counts in his favour.

Experience has shown with larger shot that you need a minimum of 20 shots to get 10 hits @ 50m with an unchocked shottie
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Buckshot or slugs. I've found the S&B buckshot to be easier to hit with (3 extra pellets ftw). You do need 10 hits total but wind throws buckshot around at 50m. Never tried slugs wasn't brave enough... Oh and no matter how much you push pull technical that shorty your shoulder will hurt a lot after 25,30 rounds of buckshot in rapid succession, come and do it dude its a ton of fun!

User

And if your name is Grobbie you try slugs at 200 and 300 meters.....artillery inbound :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by LukeS View Post
    And if your name is Grobbie you try slugs at 200 and 300 meters.....artillery inbound :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you allowed to use a sight clinometer as a aiming aid? ;)

Thanks LukeS and Camo. What would the nearest Sas chapter be to the Freestate?

Recently we had an attendee that traveled from the South Eastern Free State to do an L1.

I would recommend that you start with an L1 at our range, and then decide if you want to continue with it.

Contact me camo@tacqm.co.za if you wish to.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    Camo are you coming down to kzn again at all?

Contact me camo@tacqm.co.za and we can make a plan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast