Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: P2CC in IPSC rifle div?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    No mention of 'intent' anywhere, either in the rules, or on that thread
    When our military club started IPSC 3 gun circa 1983/84 a letter was send to IPSC headoffice (USA) AFAIK as there where members with 9mm and 44 HMK/carbine's (mp5/ repeater rifle etc) that want to participate with that FA's. According to feedback the rifle division was for Rifle rounds and not Handgun rounds. However, Rifles, Handguns and Combination's and performance and concepts there off has developed far beyond anyone's wildest dreams and the then 1975/80 participants and regulation bodies did not forsee the future of the so called handgun round.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    When our military club started IPSC 3 gun circa 1983/84 a letter was send to IPSC headoffice (USA) AFAIK as there where members with 9mm and 44 HMK/carbine's (mp5/ repeater rifle etc) that want to participate with that FA's. According to feedback the rifle division was for Rifle rounds and not Handgun rounds. However, Rifles, Handguns and Combination's and performance and concepts there off has developed far beyond anyone's wildest dreams and the then 1975/80 participants and regulation bodies did not forsee the future of the so called handgun round.

IPSC in 1983 and IPSC now are very different sports I'm sure you will agree.

Im sure if they saw a dude dressed like a peacock shooting a 30 shot pistol with an optic and tagrets with no heads they would've told us the P is supposed to be for Practical or something similar.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    IPSC in 1983 and IPSC now are very different sports I'm sure you will agree. .
    Agree totally. I remember you were not allowed to wear anything red. Even if your socks had a red line they wont allow you on the range. Would like to see their faces if you tell them you are going to buy a plastic pistol and use it for competition. LOL.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zuku View Post
    Agree totally. I remember you were not allowed to wear anything red. Even if your socks had a red line they wont allow you on the range. Would like to see their faces if you tell them you are going to buy a plastic pistol and use it for competition. LOL.
    What was the red thing? Never heard of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2