Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: BACK UP GUN, anyone carry more than one FA?

When I got my Shield I carried it as a BUG for about 4 months in an ankle holster. Then it became a PITA. It's still carried as a BUG but not that often.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

would only be on these jobs, prob once a month

User

On the odd occasions i have carried my snubby on my ankle as a back up, i couldn't wait to get home and remove the boat anchor.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    James Yeager used to carry a Glock 26 on each ankle, Glock 19 with XC1 IWB, spare mag in the pocket and multiple knives. Imagine how uncomfortable that must be.
    He should focus on making friends, much easier than to carry all that weight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    On the odd occasions i have carried my snubby on my ankle as a back up, i couldn't wait to get home and remove the boat anchor.
    That's what I mean. I'm sure it served its purpose but at what cost. I know some will say "after wearing it for a certain amount of years it becomes second nature and you barely notice it"

User

I think life will always be a balance
    One should always be as prepared as can be.
    One cannot live permanently in the red zone or we would be wearing matrix overcoats with 1301's under the shoulder all day and a group of similarly armed friends moving in formation.
    There was a discussion awhile back about readiness vs quality of life... It didn't end well for the OP, I did feel he had some valid points thou. Sometimes it's hard to explain swimming with a backpack.
    Is a backup weapon a good idea, Definitely. Some people will feel the extra weight as comfort and others as a bain.

Agreed - Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    Just a quick question out of interest

does anyone on the forum carry a back up gun?

As in 9mm EDC with spare mags, and then a secondary firearm should SHTF

curious as have met a few fellows who do so

TIA
    Used to carry a star 9mmk on my ankle with sig sauer 220 on my hip. Now that I got HK p30, sig 229 and Glock 19 ... I don't bother. Just carry a spare mag depending on whats the rotation that week or month .

User

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    I think life will always be a balance
    One should always be as prepared as can be.
    One cannot live permanently in the red zone or we would be wearing matrix overcoats with 1301's under the shoulder all day and a group of similarly armed friends moving in formation.
    There was a discussion awhile back about readiness vs quality of life... It didn't end well for the OP, I did feel he had some valid points thou. Sometimes it's hard to explain swimming with a backpack.
    Is a backup weapon a good idea, Definitely. Some people will feel the extra weight as comfort and others as a bain.
    If this was the US I'd have a 10.5"AR "pistol" with a Sig-brace on it and a 20 round mag in my car.

I have carried a spare gun once or twice, generally in sketchy situations which can't be avoided and where I'd prefer to take some mates with long guns but can't.

But generally? No. If I owned a Shield or G43 maybe but not a G26, which while small isn't a "small" gun.

Sure a gun can go tits up and having it happen when you need it will be kak but playing the odds...

If you think 3 is alot ?
    If you live in CPT and have shot pins at least once.
    You should now the guy I talk about.
    Who always carries all the firearms he owns on him. Always. And its well, more then 3.
    An average person will not be able to carry the weight this guy carries around.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast