User

Default May I apply for a licence elsewhere than my hometown?

The DFO in our town, who is a very helpful and organised person, have been booked off for almost a month due to health issues. Am I allowed to hand in an application for a new firearm in another town?

Default Re: May I apply for a licence elsewhere than my hometown?

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    The DFO in our town, who is a very helpful and organised person, have been booked off for almost a month due to health issues. Am I allowed to hand in an application for a new firearm in another town?
    You can hand in your application at a police station near your work address too.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

User

is there not a police force member who can Assist? maybe speak to the station commander

when my DFO is not around the captain who deals with provincial takes the apps.

User

@ Don, unfortunately, I live where I work.

@ Singh17, apparently he is the only one at the, rather small, police station that can handle this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Donafrica1 View Post
    You can hand in your application at a police station near your work address too.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
    Are you sure about that? Last I heard (and actually tried) I was told you can only hand in the application at the DFO closest to your residential address...

User

Each station seems to make its own rules these days. I would go there and explain my situation. Worst they can do is say no!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Each station seems to make its own rules these days. I would go there and explain my situation. Worst they can do is say no!
    This ^^^
    The reason for using the closest station is for the safe inspections. If you work in Midrand and live in Brakpan, the DFO from Midrand wouldn't be to chuffed about having to travel to Brakpan to do the safe inspection.