Default Will dealers still store firearms with expired licences?

Yesterday's court ruling has many implications. I have a family member who has an expired licence. I know that many dealers have plenty of firearms in storage with expired licences as they were waiting on outcome of court case.

I guess the last bastion of hope lies in the upcoming amnesty. Hopefully there may be a window there for renewals. Sap is currently taking a view that these firearms with expired licences are illegal and must be handed in to police, but think about it, who there feels like processing an additional 300,000 plus renewals.

I also read a threat in the newspaper that persons in possession of these illegal firearms can be arrested. So I ask the question, where will they detain over 300,000 former law abiding citizens when the prisons are full. And is our broken court system going to prosecute those offenders. This has not been well thought out. I am hoping the "amnesty" provides a solution.

Default Re: Will dealers still store firearms with expired licences?

My title and content are slightly removed from each h other. Mind keeps racing on this topic.

But my original thought here was... will dealers still store firearms with expired licences? There are the ones they had in the vaults before the con court ruling, plus what about if somebody now wants to book one of those firearms in for storage?

User

Short answer is no. The ones I know have refused to for a while

User

i know of a dealer who has a safe literally as big as my lounge full of weapons nobody has collected since 2000s

they cant sell, destroy or hand them in because they dont belong to them

seeing that safe put dealers fustrations in perspective for me

User

when i say collected, i mean guys who handed in for safe keeping during the 2000s scare, and people who have bought them, licensed them and never bothered to collect

many many VERY cool guns

User

I'm sort-of guilty of the above, actually. I have a revolver that's not mine, but I can have it in dealer stock. Just need to get around to it.

User

IM of the opinion if storage is not being paid for and a period of a year lapses with no collection, said gunshop should legally be allowed to sell to cover costs

(to me at a great price obviously)