User

Default Live Twice essential medical info

Hi all

Does anybody have any knowledge or experience of this crowd?

www.livetwice.me

They purport to store all your essential medical & contact info in the cloud, and should you be involved in an accident of some sort, the responders need only scan the code on the tag/card/sticker that Live Twice issue you with and your info will be immediately available to said responders.

My son came home from school yesterday with a card & piece of paper giving some basic info saying that it needs to be returned today. Cost is R99 per year but they seem to be doing a promo because I get the impression that registering the card (for my son) won't cost anything.

While the concept seems quite good, I'm just always a bit uncomfortable giving out any personal info when I didn't make contact first to an organisation that I know nothing about. Have googled it but can't find any reviews, can only find the organisation's website. I feel like they're in the business of data collection.

Has anybody here heard of them?

User

Default Re: Live Twice essential medical info

Discovery offer something similar with a QR code on a license-disk-sized sticker for your car, though I guess that only helps if you're with Discovery in the first place.

As to whether signing up with a third party offering this is worthwhile, I can't really say. I guess the question is, would your average first responder even be in a position to take advantage of this system?

User

Unless your allergic anything or on chronic corticosteroids, in an emergency if the resonders stick to the basics they should be able to keep you alive without the information.
    A Medi-alert bracelet should be sufficent for that.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    Unless your allergic anything or on chronic corticosteroids, in an emergency if the resonders stick to the basics they should be able to keep you alive without the information.
    A Medi-alert bracelet should be sufficent for that.
    That's pretty much the way I feel about it. The kids also have all our contact details as well as our family GP's details (& allergies if relevant) in the diaries that the school issues to every pupil and said diaries are with them in their school bags. Livetwice will supply a scannable tag that would be fixed to the outside of the school bag. The school has all the kids' relevant information on record, as does the shuttle service we use, as does aftercare. I don't see that these guys are actually adding value, which makes me think they're here to collect data & contact details that will then be sold on to somebody.

They seem to be new, so have no history or track record of any type. I also would have thought that if it was really such a great concept and everything is above board, I would have heard about it via my medical aid.

User

I don't like these subscriber type services. If you really want his medical info with him get one of these : https://www.iceid.co.za/products/kids%20ice%20id.aspx

I always wear mine when out cycling.