Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: BEST SIGHTS FOR PEOPLE WITH SPECS

Quote Originally Posted by woelofse View Post
    Is a red dot maybe better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes but I've heard from the guys that run them that it requires a lot of practice and constant practice to stay proficient,

User

Is that not true for any sights system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    Yes but I've heard from the guys that run them that it requires a lot of practice and constant practice to stay proficient,

I’m not afraid of practice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by woelofse View Post
    I use my Glock 19 factory sights, but I find it hard to focus on the sights because of my multifocal specs. I can’t shoot without specs. What, if any, sights would help me focus better?

I use a pair of my very old prescription glasses. They are good for nothing except shooting. Try your old glasses maybe you are lucky. Try a narrower front sight (Warren Tactical Sevigni's), it worked for me.

If it helps, I also had eyesight issues when using a pistol or revolver and could not fix it when wearing my vari-focals..
    The problem was solved after speaking with my optician who is also a 'shooter'.
    My 'shooting' spectacles have two different lenses.
    The right eye lens is adjusted for me to clearly see the front sight [white dot].
    The left eye lens is adjusted for distance to enable me to see targets.
    It took a little while to get used to the set up but now it works, for me anyway, 100%.
    Hope that this helps

I use multi-focals and I find fiber front with plain black rears work best for me. Experiment with red and green fibers and see which works best for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by keithbatkins View Post
    If it helps, I also had eyesight issues when using a pistol or revolver and could not fix it when wearing my vari-focals..
    The problem was solved after speaking with my optician who is also a 'shooter'.
    My 'shooting' spectacles have two different lenses.
    The right eye lens is adjusted for me to clearly see the front sight [white dot].
    The left eye lens is adjusted for distance to enable me to see targets.
    It took a little while to get used to the set up but now it works, for me anyway, 100%.
    Hope that this helps
    I did the same and it works very well. I took my pistol along to the optometrist so that he could determine the required focal length. I use that set of glasses only for shooting and usually put them on about 20 min before shooting for my brain to adjust.

User

black rear fibre front

helped me alot

User

Quote Originally Posted by Katlagter View Post
    I did the same and it works very well. I took my pistol along to the optometrist so that he could determine the required focal length. I use that set of glasses only for shooting and usually put them on about 20 min before shooting for my brain to adjust.
    This just feel if it cannot work for me. I once broke a single lens on my prescription glasses but decided to use it with one lens. Never again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2