Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Which parts on the two types are more likely to cause trouble, break, or need replacing/repair?

To rephrase: which of the two is more likely to keep on going?

The AR has proven itself in the Near East harsh environment; the Galil proved itself in Israel and the R4 proved itself during the Bush War.
    The AR has a few parts that can go but these are usually relatively cheap and easily available.For example a spare complete bolt is not a bad idea.Keep an eye on the thin side of the cam pin hole. They can and do break although new original Colt are reportedly lasting for a long while.Gas rings go, as do cotter pins.The cam pin does wear and I keep a few spare for when it starts to look really worn.The hammer spring according to Geissele if I recall correctly has a cycle of 10 000 rounds so a few spare is not a bad idea.They are cheap enough that easy to replace as preventative maintenance. Perhaps a spare gas key and bolt, but I have never had one go.The LM needs regular replacement of the rear buffer. Depending on the firing pin you have you will have to replace spring or rubber.The latest don't need a spring or rubber.Aside from those two issues I don't have enough rounds through one to speak about replacement parts on the LM.My concern though would be the accuracy of the non chrome lined barrel long term.They are incredibly durable but are not really replaceable.

User

Default Re: Difference between a Galil R4 and a AR223

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    My concern though would be the accuracy of the non chrome lined barrel long term.They are incredibly durable but are not really replaceable.
    Is this something that is repairable - barrel?

User

Do you mean combat rifle the sport?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2