Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Let teachers bring guns to school - Union

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    I went to school at a private school around 1994. We had armed teachers at school, the one male teacher even had his kommando R4 in a safe in his classroom.
    I never felt intimidated by that, but maybe it is because I grew up among people that edc.
    If your child teacher want to kill your little brat- he can at anytime bring a gun/knife/stone to school and do so. The majority of teachers is sane people, lets not forget that.
    Yeah we had a teacher at school, Mr Roos, I remember. Used to eat lemons straight off the tree that bordered the school.

Anyway, he carried a little .38SPL revolver with him everywhere he went, even at school. We all thought it was cool. Parents had no issue with it. Hell, someone loaded just plain primed cases for him, no powder or bullet, which he used as a starting gun when we practiced athletics.

Man, those were the days.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    Keep 20 year old idiots in grade 8 out of the schools.

If by 18 one has not got grade 12 throw the little useless out.

Beat there asses properly when miss behaving.

If they fail 2 years in a row throw them out. They are going nowhere in life anyway.

Look neat and properly dressed at all times.

Discipline.

Once these rules are followed no teacher will have to EDC.

All the above rules should be passed down from the parents.

Most parents need their asses whipped for churning out useless kids.
    I struggle to see how everyone should have grade12 by age 18 if only starting school at age 6?
    How would discipline and being neat make that no teacher need to edc?
    Go join GFSA if you believe what you wrote there!

User

If you don't want teachers to have guns because of kids
    even though they would have to pass the same proficiency etc as everyone else

PLEASE GO AND HAND IN YOUR FIREARMS RIGHT NOW, because you carry at malls, at dinner, at movies

never seen such hypocrisy in my life

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    I struggle to see how everyone should have grade12 by age 18 if only starting school at age 6?
    How would discipline and being neat make that no teacher need to edc?
    Go join GFSA if you believe what you wrote there!
    I think the idea the Spliffcat is trying to purvey, however badly, is that in general a respectful person is more mindful, and hence more tolerant than one that isn't. This would make society as a whole better.

So the chances of needing to use an EDC would be lower, and some might chance it as not needing to EDC at all... Doesn't takeaway their right to EDC if they have jumped the hoops just like the rest of us.

User

ironically I remember having to do bomb drills at primary school because there was a chance the ruling party could infiltrate and do some damage
    School WERE targeted, and we still went to school
    Looking back, I would have been happy to have the teacher armed

we "got under desks"

kiff plan for when shit went bad

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    If you don't want teachers to have guns because of kids
    even though they would have to pass the same proficiency etc as everyone else

PLEASE GO AND HAND IN YOUR FIREARMS RIGHT NOW, because you carry at malls, at dinner, at movies

never seen such hypocrisy in my life
    Not to mention that teachers are the people who you entrust to keep your child safe for what, 6 hours a day, and to prepare him/her for the rest of his/her life. But no, just don't let them have guns.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    Keep 20 year old idiots in grade 8 out of the schools.

If by 18 one has not got grade 12 throw the little useless out.

Beat there asses properly when miss behaving.

If they fail 2 years in a row throw them out. They are going nowhere in life anyway.

Look neat and properly dressed at all times.

Discipline.

Once these rules are followed no teacher will have to EDC.

All the above rules should be passed down from the parents.

Most parents need their asses whipped for churning out useless kids.
    what you fail to mention that it seems the majority of kids in schools parents feel it is the schools job to raise their kids

moral degradation hasn't just happened

its people without morals or values, whose kids are now growing up the same way

fatherless families is what springs to mind

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Not to mention that teachers are the people who you entrust to keep your child safe for what, 6 hours a day, and to prepare him/her for the rest of his/her life. But no, just don't let them have guns.
    I'm going to lose my shit next time I see someone carrying at spur
    Because I don't know him, and my nephew is here mos!

well done gents on instead of supporting legal SD/EDC, you fight it because it doesn't feel right to you

Remember that next time a worker/employee says they don't feel comfortable with the Boss having a firearm at work

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    what you fail to mention that it seems the majority of kids in schools parents feel it is the schools job to raise their kids

moral degradation hasn't just happened

its people without morals or values, whose kids are now growing up the same way

fatherless families is what springs to mind
    It DEFINITELY is the job of a school to help raise a child.

Us parents work every day to provide for our children, we see them at best 4 hours a day.
    They are at school the same amount of time as we are at work, their teachers see them MORE than us.
    They go to school because they are not adults, their minds have not yet been prepped completely, they are susceptible to all influences regardless of how well they are taught at home.

That is why the old schools had such a strict discipline, they knew their jobs were more than mere teaching from books.

I tell you now the current teachers in our school is but a far cry from the ones we had. The ones we had devoted their lives to teaching, and teaching transcends just mere reading from a book. These days they do as little as possible, and blames the parents for all, forgetting they spend more time with the children than the parents, what kind of thinking is that, no wonder things are in such a mess.

Those that think parents are solely responsible for raising their children is living an illusion, children don't stop being children the moment they go to school, they are that every waking part of the day.

The first thing a child does when they come home is "my teacher said this".
    That is all you need to know about the subject.

User

Raising most definitely the school has responsibility on that, the problem comes in with teaching a child discipline, with all the rules and regulations not to mention the millions of different believes among parents that is the sole responsibility of the parent, if you as a kid don't get disciplined at home no school will be able to teach them that. Enforcing discipline will be done by the school in the legal set manner but the foundations need to be set by the parents.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast