Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE.... the final reason to get out soon

Messor, have you read and analysed the Bill?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Don’t think I will make it out of here. Trying to help the kids get a jumpstart overseas. But for myself, probably will stick around.

Time for the republic of the Western Cape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Interesting

From the bill :

So Medical Aids and private healthcare will still exist. What's the point of the NHI then - just another bottomless tax/money pit ?

Isn't the News24 article a bit of fear-mongering too ?
    "1. Will you be able to have a comprehensive medical aid?
    No. Once the NHI has been fully implemented, your medical scheme will not be allowed to cover any health services that the NHI offers."
    - Which is false, you can still have your medical scheme cover your healthcare if you just ignore the NHI referral pathways and its contracted providers.
    Either way, taxes are going to go up and medical aid prices will go up too if the NHI is actually implemented.
    Point is most of us will probably not be able to afford any extra type of cover.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Messor, have you read and analysed the Bill?
    Yes, read.

Analysed, impossible, too much is left out as "to be determined by minster after consulting with the board".
    And of course the fact that I am no law expert.

In many places they seem to propose that laws be written where the minister and the new health board is in charge of, how can that be good in SA?

I tell you now, regardless of the written words, you tell me now what government initiative here did not end in disaster?

This will fail, because they fail at everything, so whatever discovery is saying about it I couldn't care about less.

And the section of registered healthcare providers, how the hell will that work?
    A private healthcare provider will have to register, meaning their OWN building and equipment, and alongside the NHI bill they also launched the medical scheme amendment bill.

Nah, they will f@ck it up, they always do.

Oh, I agree its going to be Eskom 2.0. If it The only question is whether you can get your own solar or not.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    Don’t think I will make it out of here. Trying to help the kids get a jumpstart overseas. But for myself, probably will stick around.

Time for the republic of the Western Cape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sad to say: this is my motto also, I told my 2 boys, I will pay for their tuition so that they can send me pictures from over the sea.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

All pilot NHI initiatives failed.
    Discovery and Gems are vying for the administration og NHI.
    People on Dicovery, do not feel you have an angel over you. They there to make money out of your lives and repudiate claims at the slightest hint.
    Just because you can go and get a bottle of panando and not pay a surcharge because you're on Discovery doesn't mean that they care for you.
    The money that they will make just for the admin is insane.
    All politicians will get treatment abroad. It has started already.
    Mauritius is positioning themselves to be the Hospital for Africa.
    Over the last 20 years government with the help of our own in the industry have taken away everything that would have given opposition in the form of choice to the government plan.
    In developed countries drugs in daily use that was once scipt only are now becoming over the counter but in RSA OTC are becoming script only.
    Home remedies are restricted and there is a draft to control what grandma made when people got sick.

When Mozambique became free ( haha) they had one doctor, one vet , one dentist ( but that was the doctor who could practise as a dentist and counted twice and no engineers.
    We have a long way to go to catch up.

The NHI will fail I have no doubt about that.
    There will develop an underground network within the communities with treatment and drugs being smuggled in via tourist and their luggage just as is starting to appear now.
    Go to a informal contain shop and see what one can buy there.

One can already buy almost anything at gyms, This market will just expand just like how Zimbabweans made do with no drugs in their country for such a long time.

The NHI is nothing about good healthcare and everything about the ANC raping the people of South Africa. ( Zuma has treatment in Russia).
    The NHI bill is in Parliament now then how come the tenders are out few years ago already.

As we stand good medicines and protocols for childrens health is compromised because the fridges were not at the proper temp and all the medicines were damaged.
    Poor Plumbing at another site resulted in sewage flooding the Medicine storage area.
    This lack or control and understanding of the medicine chain leaves us to wonder what the definition of sterile means.
    The ANC led government is incapable of running anything correctly.
    Right now we have to bribe people to get a place in the day long queue to apply for an ID.
    They talk of channels to have treatment ....you know how that works right?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Can't even think to start leaving, wife's only in her second year of remission. No countries will take us (where I want to be anyway). So like others I'll make sure my daughter gets out, and then hope she sends some aspirin home from wherever she settles.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi_ View Post
    I am afraid the NHI is a reason to leave or at least build a nest elsewhere. But I do not think it will be implemented, because government has run literally out of money. This morning the SARB governor said that an IMF intervention was not needed because we know what needs to be done. Then he lists the points and it is clear that the IMF begging bowl is coming because Ramapanther is great at not taking any decisions that could remotely affect his grasp of the presidency. An IMF intervention would allow the ANC to deflect blame to WMC, Imperialists and other assorted imaginary figures. On politicsweb there are two interesting articles pertaining to an IMF intervention. Busa said the same and Roodt as well. The only believer that CR has left is Peter Bruce.
    I wonder. SA government doesn't care about running out of money. Remember that "quantity easing" idiot?

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Right now the medical industry is in the hands of " White and Indian men". With "White" owning corporate and "Indians" private.

From the article posted by WZ:

"The Bill indicates that in order to qualify for NHI benefits at no cost, patients will need to follow the NHI’s referral pathways and use its contracted providers"

This is how the government wants to take away this control because in an open and fair market they can not compete. These pathways and contracted providers are where the ESKOM 2 is going to come into play.

( for our international members, Indian in South Africa are South Africans of South Asian heritage. They are not Indian Nationals)
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast